MAC Blessedly Rich Lipglass
MAC Hey, Sailor: Lipglasses
MAC Hey, Sailor! Lipglasses ($15.50 for 0.10 oz.) include five shades: Blessedly Rich (rich pale coral), Cut Loose (white gold with pearl), Orange Tempera (pale peach), Riviera Life (bright tangerine), and Send Me Sailing (bright yellow red). Orange Tempera is a repromote.
- Blessedly Rich is a burnt red-copper with pink, copper, and gold shimmer. It looks browner on the lips, not quite as burnt or as copper, with a fair amount of muted rose and gold shimmer. The color coverage is mostly opaque. MAC Hearts-a-Beatin’ is more orange with just gold shimmer. Bobbi Brown Beach has less shimmer. MAC Social Light is less brown. MAC Spree is less red.
- Cut Loose is a really light white gold–it’s more like a warm white that’s gold-tinted and has gold shimmer. It settles into lip lines a lot, and it does not apply as evenly as it needs to look good alone. This is the kind of gloss that would work better over something else, because alone it just doesn’t cooperate. MAC Ethereal is sheerer, not as white. MAC A Quiet Roar is yellower. MAC Almondine is just slightly warmer.
- Orange Tempera is a milky light-medium pink with opaque color coverage. Because of the creamy, milky finish, it does settle into lip lines. MAC Pure Magnificence is sheerer and appears a bit darker. MAC Peachstock has less pink. MAC Ready or Not! is peachier.
- Riviera Life is a bright medium-dark orange with gold shimmer. This is really opaque on the lips and applies evenly–it was the best gloss out of the five. MAC Morange is a smidgen darker and has no shimmer. MAC Caqui is redder. Illamasqua Temper is redder.
- Send Me Sailing is a medium-dark pinky-red with mostly neutral undertones. It has mostly opaque color coverage with some underlying translucency. I don’t usually have problems with lip products bleeding or feathering, but I experienced some minor feathering with this shade. MAC Russian Red is redder, less pink. MAC Cult of Cherry is a smidgen pinker. Chanel Triomphal is darker and has shimmer. MAC Wicked Ways is similar but has some shimmer.
MAC Lipglass is vanilla-scented with no discernible taste. It’s packaged in a clear tube with a navy blue glossy cap and white striping around the tube. It comes with a doe-foot applicator. The consistency of Lipglass is very thick and sticky. For a lot of readers, MAC is one of the stickier glosses they’ve come across. They can wear anywhere from two to five hours, depending on the color and its level of pigmentation. I tested out Cut Loose, Riviera Life, and Send Me Sailing for wear, and they wore for two and a half, four, and four and a half hours respectively.
|Cut Loose and Orange Tempera are the less stellar shades here, so they bring down the overall rating. Riviera Life and Send Me Sailing were the best (think A-), while Blessedly Rich was good (think B+).|
|Login or Register to be able to add this to your Vanity or Wishlist! Plus rate and review!|