If you were using MAC Bite of an Apple Blush?, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Did you come up with a look you’d like to share featuring today’s product? You can link to your images, embed your images using HTML, or you can submit your images via e-mail to share them with readers to help give them inspiration on how to use the product!
MAC Fabulous Felines Look: Leopard Luxe
I really don’t like the Leopard Luxe eyeshadow quad. I just find the colors to be so… unappealing when paired together. It’s like this peachy brown getting mixed with a dirty brown and gray. Perhaps the usage of green, blue, or gunmetal could have made this palette work better. The colors seemed awkward to me–not inherently bad–but not very complementary. I will also reiterate that using the Superslick Liquid Eyeliner on the lower lash line went about as well as the time before–it just dries awkwardly around the roots of the lower lashes and seems to crumble a bit.
I normally find myself liking products more when I use them, rather than simply swatching them, but I’m even less keen on it after using it in a look. If you want a great, slightly smoky quad, try (all MAC) Gleam, Goldmine, Soft Brown, and Bronze. If you want something a little “unusual,” try switching out Bronze for something like Coppering, Cranberry, or Sumptuous Olive.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Lithe Pigment (golden nude beige), MAC Wild By Nature Eyeshadow (medium brown), MAC Notoriety Eyeshadow (dirty brown), MAC Furiously Fabulous Eyeshadow (brownish gray), MAC Prized Eyeshadow (highlighter), MAC Smoky Heir Superslick Liquid Eyeliner (plum burgundy), Urban Decay Crash 24/7 Liner (burgundy), Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: MAC Bite of an Apple Blush (red-coral), Dior Amber Diamond SkinShimmer
- Lips: MAC Out Minxed Lipstick (peachy melon), MAC Viva Glam Cyndi Lipglass (coral)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Lithe = Naked (less golden); Wild By Nature = Soft Brown; Notoriety = Patina (not a great dupe); Furiously Fabulous = Brun + Satin Taupe; Prized = Shroom; Bite of an Apple = Illamasqua Hussy; Out Minxed = Melon (pigment)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Apply Lithe pigment all over the lid with the 239 and mixing medium. Using the 239, apply Wild By Nature eyeshadow on the lower lid. Lightly blend Notoriety eyeshadow in the crease with the 239. Blend Furiously Fabulous eyeshadow above the crease. Highlight the brow bone with Prized eyeshadow with the 239 and blend with Furiously Fabulous eyeshadow to soften. Bring everything together by applying Smoky Heir liner on the lower lash line layered with Crash liner. Finish by sweeping lashes with Inimitable Intense mascara.
For cheeks, apply Bite of an Apple blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116. Highlight cheekbones with Amber Diamond skin shimmer with the 165.
For lips, apply Out Minxed lipstick as a base color, then layer Viva Glam Cyndi lipglass on top for a complementing lip.