Pret-a-Papier Look: Coral Crepe as a Base
I wore this look to photograph lip swatches from Pret-a-Papier yesterday, but here it is in detail By the by, I prefer the lighter Chromagraphic Pencil on my waterline — the darker one is a bit too subdued and runs a little yellowish on me.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), MAC Coral Crepe Paint Pot (coral), MAC Tissue Weight Eyeshadow (soft white-pink), MAC Bamboo Eyeshadow (matte soft brown), MAC Cut to Fit Eyeshadow (reddish copper), MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), MAC NC15/NW20 Chromagraphic Pencil (fleshy nude), MAC Almost Noir Pearlglide Eyeliner (black-burgundy), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: MAC Garb Blush (orange-peach)
- Lips: MAC Made to Order Lipstick (pinky coral), MAC Fold and Tuck Lipglass (pink-coral)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Tissue Weight = Phloof!/Gleam; Cut to Fit = Twinks; Almost Noir = Purple Dash; Garb = Coppertone/Peachtwist; Made to Order = Crosswires (not a great dupe!); Fold and Tuck = Lychee Luxe
For eyes, start by applying Coral Crepe paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the lid area with the 249, then apply Soft Ochre paint pot as an eyeshadow base from the crease to the brow. Using the 239, apply Tissue Weight eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Bamboo eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Cut to Fit eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Lightly blend Cut to Fit eyeshadow, with the 239, on the outer corner and lid. Lightly tap and brush Bamboo eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Ricepaper eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Almost Noir eyeliner on the lower lash line and NC15/NW20 chromagraphic pencil on the lower waterline. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Garb blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Made to Order lipstick first, and then layer Fold and Tuck lipglass for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos! Continue reading “Pret-a-Papier Look: Coral Crepe as a Base”
Super simple, super easy neutral eyes! Really! I hardly used any product to get this look, so I really do mean it when I say simple!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige), Bamboo eyeshadow (light beige-brown), Texture eyeshadow (medium reddish brown), Shroom eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), Urban Decay Bourbon 24/7 Liner (brown), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: NARS Mata Hari (dark dusty plum-rose)
- Lips: Sweetie lipstick (medium pink), Red Devil lipglass (coral-red)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Red Devil = Lychee Luxe
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the lid, apply Bamboo eyeshadow using the 239. Darken crease with Texture eyeshadow using the 239. Sweep Shroom underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Bourbon 24/7 Liner on lower lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with NARS Mata Hari blush using the 129. Apply Sweetie lipstick to lips, and then top with Red Devil lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading “Look – Super Simple Neutrals”
I tried to do something kind of “classic” in terms of makeup for upcoming Valentine’s Day. (I wore the complete opposite practically when my boyfriend and I went out on our early Valentine’s dinner on Monday–I’m sick and didn’t want to lose my taste if we went closer to the date, ha.) By the way, I put on false lashes in less than a minute! Success! Finally! Seriously, I have always been 100% lash stupid. I felt like dancing 😉 Also, working on a tutorial as you read this… Done!
I used Cash Flow paint pot all over lid, Goldmine eyeshadow on inner lid, Patina eyeshadow on middle lid, Bronze eyeshadow on outer lid, Smut eyeshadow in outer crease and very outer corner, Bamboo eyeshadow on brow and above crease, Smut eyeshadow on lower outer lash line, Goldmine eyeshadow on inner lower lash line, and Graphblack technakohl on lower waterline. I had Margin blush on cheeks with Sculpt sculpting powder to contour. I wore Russian Red lipstick with Russian Red lipglass on lips.