MAC Fabulous Felines Look: Palace Pedigreed
This is a quick look I did on Friday using several products from the Palace Pedigreed portion of the Fabulous Felines collection.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Quite Spoiled Eyeshadow (pinky purple), MAC Courtly Eyeshadow (soft gray-mauve), MAC Palace Pedigreed Eyeshadow (dark burgundy), Burberry Trench Eyeshadow (highlighter), Urban Decay Rockstar 24/7 Liner (burgundy), Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: MAC Plum Foolery Blush (plum)
- Lips: MAC Aristo-cat Lipstick (pinky plum with gold sheen), MAC Docile Lipglass (icy pink)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Quite Spoiled = Shale (not a great dupe), Courtly = Pink Venus (not a great dupe), Palace Pedigreed = Nocturnelle; Aristo-cat = Sophisto; Docile = Cultured
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Courtly eyeshadow on the middle of the lower lid. Lightly blend Quite Spoiled eyeshadow on the inner third of the lid with 239 and bring above the inner crease. Blend Palace Pedigreed eyeshadow on outer third of the lid and into the crease. Highlight the brow bone with Trench eyeshadow with the 239. Bring everything together by applying Rockstar liner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Inimitable Intense mascara.
For cheeks, apply Plum Foolery blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Aristo-cat lipstick as a base color, then layer Docile lipglass on top for a complementing lip.
Lipglass: Docile, Lap of Luxury, Best of Breed
MAC Fabulous Felines: Palace Pedigreed Review, Photos, Swatches (Lips & Cheek)
Make sure you’ve read part one, which covers all of the eyeshadows, pigments, and eyeliners!
Lipstick ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
- Aristo-Cat is a semi-opaque played-down pink with mauve and a golden-peach sheen and high frost finish. It has a cooler tone to it, though not overly so (closer to neutral than really cool). This is a very frosty lipstick, so if that’s not your thing, I’d definitely skip this shade. I really like the color, and no immediately dupes are coming to mind — it’s kind of like the cool-toned version of Fresh Salmon (Spring Colour Forecast).
- Cunning is a semi-sheer deep berry red with a supposedly frost finish. This doesn’t feel or look like a frost at all to me–it has more of a glaze or lustre feel and look. I find this shade rather streaky, and it seems to accentuate every single line in my lips. Might be nicer as a stain.
- Of Royalty is a creamy, light-medium pink with subtle blue undertones, so it’s one of those candy pink lipsticks… that actually doesn’t take on an almost purple look (like Saint Germain, Snob, etc.). However, it is rather similar to that family of shades (Saint Germain, Snob, VG Gaga, etc. etc.). It has a cremesheen finish.
- Superior is a sheer pink and silvered-white glittered lipstick with a dazzle finish. It’s more of a layering shade than to be worn alone (and by layering, it helps keep the glitter from migrating elsewhere, too).
Lipglass ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
- Best of Breed is an ultra sheer, pale, cloudy blue with multicolored shimmer, though predominantly white shimmer. It’s similar to Chillin’, but it has shimmer. It will give lips a slightly cooler tone, but overall.
- Docile is a sheer, cool-toned, iridescent pale, milky pink with multicolored shimmer. It reminded me of Icescape, or a lighter, more muted version of Cultured lipglass.
- Lap of Luxury is a reddened berry with multicolored shimmer, though predomindantly darkened pink. It’s semi-opaque, but it does settle a bit into lip lines and can look blotchy if you aren’t careful. I feel like I’ve seen this color but I’m blanking on possible dupes at the moment, but hopefully will have some for you next week when I update the post with missing items. Right now, it reminds me of the lipglass version of Odyssey lipstick.
Mineralize Blush ($21.00 U.S. / $25.00 CDN)
- Pet Me is a soft, medium pink with yellow undertonse, which makes it a warmer pink. It doesn’t appear to have any shimmer, though perhaps a very subtle sheen. Overall, more of a semi-matte finish, though. If you liked Dainty, you’d probably like this shade.