If you were using MAC Amazon Princess Blush, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Wonder Woman Comparison “Session”
MAC Wonder Woman: Blush and Mineralize Skinfinish Comparisons & Dupes
Here are comparisons for the blushes and mineralize skinfinishes! If I did not compare something, the most likely reason is because I do not own it.
- AMAZON PRINCESS (magenta side) is a lighter version of Her Blooming Cheek, while Band of Roses is less blue-based.
- AMAZON PRINCESS (redder side) is closest to New Vibe, which is slightly less intense. Band of Roses is a darker red with no coral. NARS Sin doesn’t compare.
- MIGHTY APHRODITE (pink coral side) is similar to Guerlain Blush G (pink side, not mixed) and NARS Deep Throat, which is a little less pink. Ripe Peach is more orange-based (this used equal parts of it; if you used the darker half, then it would be more similar). Benefit Bella Bamba is pinker, while Bite of an Apple is redder and darker (nothing alike).
- MIGHTY APHRODITE (red coral side) is pinker than Bite of an Apple.
- GOLDEN LARIAT (highlighting side) did not compare to any other highlighter I owned, because it has a very strong yellow base. It’s kindof like using Goldmine eyeshadow as a highlighter. NARS Albatross, for example, goes on as a white gold.
- GOLDEN LARIAT (bronzing side) is darker and less golden than both Comfort and Sunny by Nature. Gold Deposit is bronzy in comparison. A Little Bit of Sunshine is cooler and darker. Cheeky Bronze is similar in color but the gold shimmer makes it appear lighter.
- GOLDEN LARIAT (blushing side)is a touch darker than A Little Bit of Sunshine.
- PINK POWER (highlighting side) is paler than both Perfect Topping and Happy Together, which appear more beige.
- PINK POWER (bronzing side) is less golden than both Comfort and Sunny by Nature.
- PINK POWER (blushing side) has less pink than both Springsheen and NARS Super Orgasm.
MAC Amazon Princess Blush Duo
MAC AMAZON PRINCESS BLUSH DUO ($24.00 for 0.38 oz.) is described as a bright yellow pink and deep blue pink with gold pearl. The official descritpion baffles me, honestly! The blush itself is super-sized, being about the size as a Beauty Powder. A normal blush is 0.21 oz. ($18.50), while this is almost double the quantity. In comparable terms, the normal size is $88/oz. and the mega size is $63/oz. Despite the larger size, the way they split the blush still makes it a little difficult to use the smaller shade alone (I tried using the 116–you have to be careful, not a lot of room).
The larger side of the blush is a cool-toned, blue-based magenta pink with a satin finish, which is very pigmented and easy to over-do, so use a light hand. The smaller side of the blush is a dark berried pink with soft gold sheen, and it is also nicely pigmented.
final thoughts: This will suit cooler skin tones, because of the stronger blue-base in the magenta shade. Because of the intensity of the colors, it will work beautifully on darker complexions.
where to buy: MAC Cosmetics