Solar White (Frost), Seeds of Love (Frost); Petal Worship (Lustre), Contrast (Velvet)
MAC A Rose Is A Rose Eyeshadow Quad (Nordstrom Exclusive) ($36.00) is the long awaited final piece to MAC’s A Rose Romance Collection, which launched earlier in April.
With tax, I think I paid just under $40, which makes each shadow cost approximately $10 each (a little less than eyeshadows sold in palette form already). In terms of value, the eyeshadows are cheaper buying them together. However, Solar White eyeshadow has been released before (though it was limited edition), and Contrast eyeshadow is part of the permanent range. So if you have one or both of those, the quad’s value definitely diminishes. If you are not a collector, and you already own two, I’d probably say to skip the quad.
- Solar White is a smooth, buttery golden-toned, creamy white. It has a frost finish, so it does have shimmer and sheen. It’s a nice shade to own, so if you missed out on Solar White previously, here’s your chance to grab it without paying eBay prices.
- Seeds of Love is a smooth, pigmented coralish shade. It doesn’t lean too red nor orange, just right. It does remind me of Paradisco (but with way better texture), and I’d say Paradisco runs a bit more orange. The point is they are close enough that you could nab Paradisco instead of Seeds of Love for a coral fix if this was the only color you needed/wanted.
- Petal Worship is a soft, light lilac with purple sheen. It reminded me a lot of a slightly more purple Stars ‘n Rockets — like a cross between Lotusland (limited edition) and Stars ‘n Rockets. It has a lustre finish, so it wasn’t the smoothest of the four, but it was surprisingly pigmented without too much fall out/crumbling that’s typical with lustre eyeshadows.
- Contrast is a deep navy, purple-casted shade. It’s lightly shimmered over a dark blue-black base. I love using Contrast in purple looks, and I definitely think it is significantly different from Deep Truth (just for those wondering!).
See swatches… Continue reading →
You can purchase online or you can purchase online and pick-up in-store (to save on shipping). Will you be scoring one for yourself, or will you be skipping this time around? The official release date is slated for May 20th to coincide with Nordstrom’s Half-Yearly sale, so I don’t know if the online site will ship now or if stores will let you pick it up now. YMMV.
The quad contains:
- Solar White Golden white (Frost) (Repromote)
- Contrast Dark purple/blue (Velvet) (Permanent)
- Seeds of Love frosted peach (Frost)
- Petal Worship Light, blue-based pink (Frost)
P.S. – Dior 5-Colour Designer Eye Palette are also now available on Nordstrom, plus $5 shipping for beauty purchases of $50 or more!
Secret Crush see thru lip colour
See lip swatches for the other products from MAC’s A Rose Romance! Continue reading →
Secret Crush, Tender Tryst, Loving Touch
Here are product photos for MAC Cosmetics’ A Rose Romance Collection!
Continue reading →
OVERALL, MAC’s A Rose Romance Collection is a true representation of soft, feminine spring florals. It’s laced with soft pinks, lilacs, and sheer-to-the-touch colors. The only color that seems like a misfit is Mutiny pigment, but it can be excused if only because it’s a divine color and rightly repromoted! For the most part, the products are sheer and tend to be more like washes/light tints rather than opaque, pigmented beauties. I feel like the collection was well-thought out in terms of the right pairings and mix of shades, and I think they all work together. It’s not the most exciting or off-the-wall collection by any means, but it is a nice, workable and wearable launch.
Note: Nordstrom Exclusive Quad “A Rose Romance” debuts on May 1st.
Must-Have: Odyssey lipstick, Tender Tryst see thru lip colour, Shadowy Lady eyeshadow, Mutiny pigment, Magnetique lipglass, Summer Rose beauty powder
Nice-to-Have: Way to Love lipstick, Steal My Heart lipglass, Circa Plum pigment, Of Summer eyeshadow, Nordstrom Exclusive Quad, Just a Pinch gel blush, Love & Friendship nail lacquer
Skip: Virgin Kiss lipglass
See reviews by product… Continue reading →
A Rose Romance, Way to Love, Odyssey, Just A Pinch (gel blush)
Virgin Kiss, Steal My Heart, Magnetique; Loving Touch, Tender Tryst, Secret Crush
MAC A Rose Romance Swatches
As promised, here are swatches of everything from MAC’s newest collection, A Rose Romance! The Nordstrom exclusive quad doesn’t launch until May 1st, unfortunately, so no swatches of that yet. Next week!
See swatches galore! Continue reading →