Gold Eyeliners: GA #04, D&G , MUFE #9L, Guerlain Gold, Korres #6S,
UD Eldorado, Chanel Vegas Gold, MAC Handforged, MAC Going for the Gold,
NARS Campo de’ Fiori, UD Honey, Stila Koi, L’Oreal HIP Gold Chrome, Milani Gold
Gold Eyeliners: Your Guide
I say I love this color and that color, but it’s more apparent that I love all colors, really. More gold eyeliner than you could fill a treasure chest with…
- Giorgio Armani #04 is a muted yellow gold with bronze-brown tones, so it appears a little brighter than true antique gold but not extremely brassy either. (LE)
- Dolce & Gabbana Candied is a pale, yellow gold. It’s lighter than all of the other gold eyeliners I have.
- Make Up For Ever #9L is a medium yellow gold. It is similar to Korres #6S.
- Guerlain Gold (01) is a warm, gold-shimmered orange. (LE)
- Korres #6S is a yellowed gold with a shimmered finish. (DC)
- Urban Decay Eldorado is a warm, orange-toned molten gold. It is similar to Chanel Vegas Gold.
- Chanel Vegas Gold is a warm-toned, orange-based gold with a metallic finish. It is similar to Urban Decay Eldorado. (LE)
- MAC Handforged is warm, coppery bronze with a metallic sheen. It is similar to MAC Going for the Gold and NARS Campo de’ Fiori.
- MAC Going for the Gold is a golden bronze with a metallic finish. It is similar to NARS Campo de’ Fiori and MAC Handforged. (LE)
- NARS Campo de’ Fiori is a gold-shimmered bronze with a soft sheen. It is similar to MAC Going for the Gold and MAC Handforged.
- Urban Decay Honey is a molten, yellow gold with a metallic sheen. It is duped by Stila Koi, L’Oreal HIP Gold Chrome, and Milani Gold. (DC)
- Stila Koi is a molten, yellow gold with a metallic sheen. It is duped by Urban Decay Honey, L’Oreal HIP Gold Chrome, and Milani Gold.
- L’Oreal HIP Gold Chrome is a molten, yellow gold with a metallic sheen. It is duped by Urban Decay Honey, Stila Koi, and Milani Gold.
- Milani Gold is a molten, yellow gold with a metallic sheen. It is duped by Urban Decay Honey, Stila Koi, and L’Oreal HIP Gold Chrome.
TEMPTALIA PICKS: #9L (true gold, quality), #11 (texture, pigmentation), #14 (budget-friendly, pigmentation, quality)
Behind-the-Series: It was my intention to provide heavy, opaque swatches to provide an accurate color comparison. Some eyeliners required one pass, some required five, and a few even more. When possible, the shade name (above) is linked to the original review so you can read more about the quality, wear, etc. of a particular eyeliner. If we’ve never done a review, there will be no link. Shades that were limited edition will be marked with “(LE)” and shades that were discontinued will be marked with “(DC)” after the color description. You can also find all comparisons on The Dupe List.
What’s your favorite Gold Eyeliner? How do you like to use it?
This is almost like a two-for-one kind of look, because I took photos of two [drastically] different lip combinations — the first is a deeper plummy red and the second more of a bronzy nude. I wanted to try out some of the products I’ve reviewed lately, so that’s where I tried to draw inspiration from.
If there’s a review or a product photo of one of the products I used, just click the product name and link. Let me know if you like me linking to the products this way or not — if it’s not helpful, please let me know!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), Dolce & Gabbana Gold Eyeshadow Duo (true gold / copper-bronze), MAC Cranberry eyeshadow (cranberry), MAC Fig. 1 Eyeshadow (matte eggplant), MAC Rose Blanc Eyeshadow (sheer gold highlighter), L’Oreal HIP Gold Chrome Eyeliner(gold), Urban Decay Zero 24/7 Liner (black), Chanel Exceptionnel Mascara (black)
- Face: Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer (medium)
- Cheeks: Benefit Sugarbomb Powder (peachy-pink)
- Lips: Dolce & Gabbana Ruby Lipstick (pinky-red), Lancome Mercury Rising Lipgloss (shimmery red) / Dolce & Gabbana Gold Lipstick (copper-gold), Givenchy Tender Pearl Lipgloss (milky pink)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Rose Blanc = Nylon
For eyes, start by applying MAC Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the lid with the 249. Using the 239, apply Dolce & Gabbana Gold Eyeshadow Duo (gold) on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Dolce & Gabbana Gold Eyeshadow Duo (copper) on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with MAC Cranberry eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Next, define the crease by applying MAC Fig. 1 eyeshadow with the 226. Lightly tap and brush Dolce & Gabbana Gold Eyeshadow Duo (gold) directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep MAC Rose Blanc eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Urban Decay Zero Liner on the lower waterline and L’Oreal HIP Gold Chrome Eyeliner on the lower lash line, and then sweeping lashes with Chanel Exceptionnel mascara.
For cheeks, apply Benefit Sugarbomb to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 129.
For lips, apply Dolce & Gabbana Ruby Lipstick first, and then layer Lancome Mercury Rising Lipgloss for a bolder lip look. For a softer lip color, try Dolce & Gabbana Gold Lipstick as a base and then top with Givenchy Tender Pearl Lipgloss.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →