Purple Rite Lipstick
MAC Style Warrior Lip Swatches!
Here’s a little run down about how they apply/opacity on the shades first…
- Purple Rite is semi-sheer, provides decent color to lips. Frosty finish.
- Sunsational is a sheer, shimmery peachy-gold. It’s not designed to give you a lot of color.
- Tribalist is a creamy, opaque color. Very deep and better to apply via a lip brush (I did not, as I do these as fast as humanly possible).
- Brave New Bronze is a creamy, opaque color. Will probably lean peach or pink, depending on your skin tones, but it is more peach than pink.
- Liberated is sheer, gold shimmer.
- Fierce & Fabulous is semi-sheer, providing lips with noticeable color.
- Gold Rebel is sheer, peachy-gold shimmer. Like Liberated, but more peach/orange.
- Style Warrior is a semi-sheer, providing lips with noticeable color/darkening. Try it over Tribalist or any red lipstick to see a cool effect. Really — it’s more wearable than you think.
Now, onto the lip swatches! Continue reading →
MAC Style Warriors Exclusive Temptalia Sneak Peek Part 2
Last month, we gave you a sneak peek of Style Warrior by MAC. Now, we’re giving you another sneak peek–yes, really! The collection officially debuts May 21st, according to my local MAC store (I asked just yesterday), but some stores are having unveiling parties May 12th (Tuesday), too. I’ll be heading to one such party myself on the 12th, so you can expect to see swatches, photos, and a review shortly thereafter. (It starts at 7PM, so you can start looking for posts after 8PM. I mean business when I go–I don’t linger, LOL!)
Not sure what Style Warriors is?
One thing I do want to mention is that these are products in final packaging, unlike some of the products last time, which were in sample packaging. I’d also like to note that the Purple Rite lipstick in the first sneak peek is notably different from the Purple Rite actually going to be released. It’s a brighter, more opaque pink with purple tones, with a frostier finish. (That is the nature of working names/samples, they are just that — a work in progress; sometimes they’re similar, sometimes they’re the same, and sometimes they end up different!)
EVERYONE must RUN to get Brave New Bronze lipstick. First, the name is kind of misleading — it is not really “bronze” to me. It’s this beautiful shade of fleshy-peachy nude without really being nude. It’s opaque, creamy, and has a subtle glossy sheen. It’s not an “exciting” shade, but it is really wearable. I, at least, implore you to give it a swatch when you see it and not just pass it up!
Vibrant Grape eyeshadow is permanent as part of the PRO product line-up, but for most of us, PRO access is limited to zilch, so it’s not a bad shade to pick up. It’s a pretty pinky-purple, fairly bright, and just lovely. I’m surprised that I didn’t have it already, so thankfully I have it now! Style Warrior lipglass is a pretty opaque, warm chocolaty brown with micro red and gold shimmer. Kind of hard for me to wear alone — definitely would need to overlay it on top of a lipstick to find a way to make it look good on me.
Pink Rebel Lustre Drops is a sheer, pearly soft pink. It’s more of a warmed up pink with maybe just a touch of peachiness/gold shimmer in it. I can’t say I’m really won over by the lustre drops, because the tube is so small and the price seems hefty ($18.50), though for sure a little goes a very long way. I’m just not sure if I’d actually use them on the regular. Both lustre drops I’ve played with are gorgeous, though.
See swatches, product photos, and lip swatches… Continue reading →
MAC Style Warriors Sneak Peek
You know as soon as I get word of anything new, I’m totally passing it on–so here are a few product photos, swatches, and lip swatches from three items from Style Warriors. It also looks like Style Warriors is having some unveiling parties as early as May 5th, and my store told me it launches on May 21st. The original release date for this collection is/was May 28th. I definitely suggest calling your local store in a week or two if you want to make sure you don’t miss the launch date. (I’m going to be doing the same!)
Not sure what Style Warriors is?
- Purple Rite is a plummy-pink. Despite looking quite daunting in the tube, it’s really sheer and not nearly as deep as it looks. I was pleasantly surprised at how it turned out! My says it is a lustre finish, and it does feel like one, but I can’t promise it is.
- Tribalist is an opaque, deep reddish berry brown. It’s not super opaque, but it gets pretty pigmented with a few layers. This is definitely a color I suggest using both a lip liner and a lip brush to apply, so you can get the perfect application. I don’t know the finish of this lipstick yet, sorry!
- Bronze Hero is a peachy shade with a little bit of orange and lots of gold shimmer in it. The texture reminds me of a thinner glimmershimmer. The packaging is interesting, because they’re like the puff paints found in craft stores. There’s a very thin “tube” that you squeeze product out of, rather than the glimmershimmers which came in glass packaging and used a pump to disperse the product. When initially squeezed out, the color comes out strong (so a little will do you), but sheering it out gives just a little bit of shimmery glow. I do feel this product is better for body than face, but I think you can still use on the face, too. Just easier to add it to your favorite lotion 😉
See swatches & product photos! Continue reading →
Secret Crush see thru lip colour
See lip swatches for the other products from MAC’s A Rose Romance! Continue reading →
NARS’ Tropic Collection for Summer 2009 may not have been my favorite I’ve been able to sneak a peek at this summer, but Belize lip gloss was prettier than I anticipated. I couldn’t tell you that I’d really recommend it, given it’s $24, but it’s worth considering if you like milky glosses.
See a lip swatch of NARS Outsider Lipstick! Continue reading →
As promised, here are the rest of the dazzleglass swatches! Continue reading →