5 Beautiful Coral-Orange Blushes
This post is a follow-up to last week’s on coral-pink blushes. These are all warmer, with more orange/peach than pink.
- Tarte Blissful — vibrant coral-orange
- Tom Ford Lovelust — shimmering peachy coral
- Le Metier de Beaute Echo – rich coral-orange with a golden shimmer-sheen and a hint of underlying pink
- Chanel Tweed Brun Rose — medium-dark coral-orange
- Make Up For Ever #153 — coral-orange with golden shimmer/sheen
What’s your favorite coral-orange blush?
Smoky Greens with MAC Fashion Flower
First time trying (and testing, of course) out the new Big Bounce Eyeshadows. Since I didn’t receive the products until later in the day, I was only able to wear this look for eight hours before I just had to remove it. I initially tried to sleep in it, but after attempting it for an hour, I couldn’t!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Spread the Wealth Big Bounce Eyeshadow (olive green), MAC Lucky Green Eyeshadow (summery green), MAC Groundcover Eyeshadow (grayish taupe), MAC Bows & Curtseys Eyeshadow (blackened green), MAC Fresh Daisy Eyeshadow (white), Burberry Trench Eyeshadow (highlighter), MAC Tealo Powerpoint Eyeliner (dark teal), MAC Green is Green Mascara (green-teal)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Burberry Pressed Powder (03)
- Cheeks: Le Metier de Beaute Echo Blush (golden pink-peach)
- Lips: MAC Ever Hip Lipstick (coral-pink)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 222 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pencil brush), 188 (small, circular stippling brush)
- Substitutes: Groundcover = NARS Bali; Bows & Curtseys = MAC Deep Blue Green; Fresh Daisy = Phloof!; Ever Hip = NARS Niagara (slightly pinker)
For eyes, start by applying Spread the Wealth eyeshadow all over the lid and above the crease with the 242. Apply Lucky Green eyeshadow to the lower half of the lid with the 239. Next, apply Groundcover eyeshadow into the crease with the 222, blending slightly above the crease. Take the 239 and apply Bows & Curtseys eyeshadow to the deepest part of the crease and blend to the lid. Highlight the brow bone with a mixture of Fresh Daisy eyeshadow and Trench eyeshadow with the 217. Apply Lucky Green eyeshadow to the lower lash line with the 239, and then finish the water line with Tealo liner. Finish by sweeping lashes with Green is Green mascara.
For cheeks, apply Echo blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep towards the temple with the 188.
For lips, apply Ever Hip lipstick for a complementing lip.
Urban Decay Rollergirl Palette Look #2
We had our celebratory dinner on Saturday, and I had to wear Chanel Dragon–my go-to for special occasions–and decided to pair it with the neutral shades from the Rollergirl palette, due out in late April. I really cannot express how absolutely in love I am with Le Metier de Beaute Echo… ah, it is just glowy goodness to the fullest extent.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Radiant Rose Prep + Prime Highlighter (white-pink base), Urban Decay Verve Eyeshadow (muted taupe brown), Urban Decay Suspect Eyeshadow (muted champagne bronze), Burberry Trench Eyeshadow (highlighter), Urban Decay Whiskey 24/7 Liner (warm dark brown), Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara (black)
- Face: Guerlain Parure Gold Foundation (02, 03)
- Cheeks: Le Metier de Beaute Echo Blush (pink-peach with gold sheen), Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer (bronze shimmer)
- Lips: Chanel Dragon Rouge Allure Laque (red)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 222 (fluffy crease brush), 263 (angled eyeliner brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Verve = MAC Retrospeck (for this look), Suspect = theBalm All About Alex
For eyes, start by applying Greed as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Apply Verve eyeshadow to the lower lid with the 239. Next, apply Suspect eyeshadow above the crease and into the outer corner with the 222. Use Trench eyeshadow to highlight the brow bone and diffuse the crease color with the 217. Apply Whiskey liner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Inimitable Intense mascara.
For cheeks, apply Echo blush on the apples of the cheeks and pat towards the temple with the 116. Lightly apply Amber Diamond on the highest planes of the cheeks with the 165.
For lips, apply Dragon for a complementing lip.
5 Shimmering Coral Blushes
Five of my favorite coral blushes… You know how I adore corals!
- Le Metier de Beaute Echo Blush
- Estee Lauder Radiant Peach Blush
- NYX Menage a Trois HD Grinding Blush
- Lancome Mandarin Sky Blush
- Korres #44 Orange Blush
An Ode to MAC True Chartreuse
It’s been awhile since I’ve done a really bright look, and of course, I had to go back to one of my favorite color combinations. MAC True Chartreuse is easily one of my favorite products, because it applies so beautifully and vibrantly.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC True Chartreuse Pigment (chartreuse), Make Up For Ever #159 Eyeshadow (dark blue), Make Up For Ever #72 Eyeshadow (electric blue), Burberry Trench Eyeshadow (highlighter), Urban Decay Perversion 24/7 Liner (black), Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash (black)
- Face: Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer (Medium), Burberry Pressed Powder (03)
- Cheeks: Le Metier de Beaute Echo Blush (peach-pink), Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer (bronze shimmer)
- Lips: Bobbi Brown Soft Coral Rich Color Lipstick (coral), Bobbi Brown Bare Pink Rich Color Lipstick (pink-nude)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 222 (fluffy crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. With the 239, apply a few drops of mixing medium to dampen the brush, then apply True Chatreuse pigment on the lower lid, blending just above the crease. Next, apply #159 eyeshadow into the crease with the 222. Take the 219 and apply #72 eyeshadow into the crease to brighten. Apply True Chartreuse pigment on the inner lid and brush upwards with the 239 (dry), and then hold the brush horizontally and apply it damp to the lower lash line. Use #72 eyeshadow on the outer half of the lower lash line using the 219 to smudge. Bring everything together by applying Perversion liner on the lower water line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Buxom Lash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Echo blush on the apples of the cheeks and pat towards the temple with fingers, then highlight cheekbones with Amber Diamond skin shimmer.
For lips, apply Bare Pink lipstick on lips first, and then dab Soft Coral lipstick to brighten, for a complementing lip.