Lancome Pink. Party. Pretty. Color Design Palette ($45.00 for 0.253 oz.) is a slim, summer eyeshadow palette that features six shades varying from a soft pink to a deeper black with copper shimmer. It’s part of Lancome’s Bronze Riviera Collection for summer.
- Flower is a soft, pearly rose-beige with white shimmer.
- Fresh Rose is a coral-rose with a soft pink sheen.
- Kitten Heel is a pinky-peach with golden sheen. This one was like NARS Orgasm in eyeshadow form, aka awesome.
- Tropiques Glow is an orange-copper with a soft sheen.
- Lounging is a warmed-up red-toned medium brown with a very satiny finish.
- Lava is a charcoal black with gold and copper flecks of shimmer. It applies a bit sheerly, unfortunately, because it does look awfully pretty in the pan. Nonetheless, over a darker base, it’d be gorgeous (since the darker base will fill in the sheerness).
All of the shades–except Lava–had great texture and pigmentation. They were smooth, soft, and easy to blend. Lava was on the sheerer side, almost a bit chalky in the base color. Kitten Heel appealed to me the post, being this lovely shade of pink-peach–very summery and flattering, particularly on warmer skin tones.
I do think this palette is naturally more flattering on warmer skin tones, but I can still see it working on cooler skin tones. Flower, Fresh Rose, and Lava are all neutral to neutral-cool, so they can be worn with warmer shades to keep it more wearable on cooler skin tones.
Some combination ideas…
- LID: Flower, LID: Fresh Rose, CREASE: Lava
- LID: Kitten Heel, LID: Fresh Rose, CREASE: Lava
- LID: Kitten Heel, LID: Tropiques Glow, CREASE: Lounging
- LID: Fresh Rose, LID: Lounging, CREASE: Lounging
- LID: Kitten Heel, LID: Tropiques Glow, CREASE: Lava
The packaging is gorgeous and compact. It’s a cardboard-encased plastic palette where the outside is wrapped in a metallic bronze that flashes copper-bronze when light hits it, but looks just bronze at other times (see the photos!). There’s a floral design that wraps around the outside as well–I loved that it actually wrapped around to the back of the palette.
Lancome also put quite a few eyeshadows in this palette, and the price is just right–by the ounce, the eyeshadows cost less than the majority of other high-end brands (including MAC and NARS!).
P.S. — Lancome’s Bamboo Bronzer is now available at Nordstrom! 🙂
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ! 🙂
- Product: 27/30
- Value: 9/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 5/5
Recommendation: Depending on what you already have in your stash, this palette could make a great addition. It has a balance of neutral eyeshadows paired with warmer shades you’d expect to see in the summer. There are so many color combinations waiting to be done with these, too, which is always a sign of a cohesive eyeshadow palette.