- Lord & Taylor — 30% off almost everything + 10% off cosmetics & fragrances with code FRIENDS, ends 12/15.
- MAC Cosmetics — Early access on 12/5 to MAC x Mariah Carey for Obsessed & Devoted members here, starts 12/05 and ends 12/07.
- Macy's — $10 off every $50 cosmetics & fragrance purchase, ends 12/08.
- Saks — Receive a gift card up to $700 on your purchase of $250+ with code DEC2016, ends 12/09.
The Spring Season: Cooler Nude Lipstick Wrap-up
We’re winding down the Spring Season, and the best way to do that is by giving you a visual summary of all of the colors we’ve taken a look at in the past three months! This post features cooler nude lipstick shades.
- MAC may have a lot of nudes, but it definitely looks like you don’t need to own every single one to have your nude lips covered. #5 (MAC Creme d’Nude), #6 (MAC Fleshpot), and #7 (MAC Myth) are all quite similar–Creme d’Nude is sheerer and glossier, while Fleshpot and Myth have similar textures, Fleshpot is pinker, Myth is peachier.
- #1 (Benefit Lady’s Choice) and #4 (Korres #13 Natural Pink) seem to be similar, except Lady’s Choice has a glossier finish; #8 (MAC Velvet Teddy) is also similar to these two, but seems a little darker and cooler.
The Spring Season: Korres #13 Natural Pink Guava Lipstick
Korres #13 Natural Pink Guava Lipstick ($22.00) is a creamy, opaque shade of pinky-beige that’s not quite nude, but not quite pink, either. Guava Lipsticks feel lovely on–very smooth, soft, and emollient–but they’re on the pricier side of high-end lipsticks, because you don’t get as much as you’d expect in each tube. The shade itself is gorgeous, though, and it’s one of the better lipstick formulas in the price range. If you’re like me and never expect to empty a tube of lipstick in the first place, then price per ounce isn’t as much of a concern. If you have a tendency to finish your lipsticks or like to reapply often, this one might be a little pricey.
More Korres Guava Lipsticks…
Is this the right pink-nude lipstick for you? Would you wear it?
The Spring Season is a series of posts featuring my favorite soft beige, coral, and pink lipsticks and lipglosses — all perfect for the first blossom of spring — that runs through March 2010.