Kat Von D Love & Fury Eyeshadow Palette
Get Love & Fury with Kat Von D
Kat Von D Love & Fury (Adora) Eyeshadow Palette ($34.00 for 0.40 oz.) is a new and limited edition eyeshadow palette for the holidays that includes eight eyeshadows. There are five powder eyeshadows and three cream eyeshadows.
- Albino is a sheer, shimmering silver-toned white.
- Holy Bible is a bright blue-toned white with a metallic sheen.
- Slayer is a bright metallic silver. This is a cream shadow, and it was a little on the drier side.
- Glock is a darkened gray with a silver sheen.
- Crucifix is a deep, dark black. It’s very creamy and smooth–it works well as an eyeliner in particular. This is a cream shadow.
- Bloodletting is a burgundy red with purple flecks of shimmer. It is a little drier, like Slayer, but less so. This is a cream shadow.
- Ace of Spades is a muted, gray-purple with soft violet flecksof shimmer. Just a touch sheer.
- Oddfellow is a light gray-black with blue glitter flecks. This one was sheer and a little chalky for me.
The color scheme is very dark, foreboding, and it generally fits with the vibe I get from Kat Von D’s makeup line and the aesthetics of the range. If you love smokier looks, this is a palette with your name on it! It has four variations of silver/gray and then four dark, smoky shades.
I think the palette is decent, but I had a few issues with pigmentation on three of the powder eyeshadows (Albino, Ace of Spades, and Oddfellow). Oddfellow was the least pigmented and even looked it when swatched. It pops more when layered over the black base of Crucifix, but it’s hard to use on its own. Slayer is drier and the shimmer in the cream base makes it difficult to blend out evenly. Ace of Spades was a touch sheer while Abino was rather sheer. It’s more like a shade you’d dust over another shade because of the sheerness.
I like the concept more than the execution, just because for $38, there really shouldn’t be any sheer shades in it. I do, however, like that these are–essentially–the equivalent to eight full-sized eyeshadows, so you are getting plenty of bang for your buck. There are included brushes with the palette, but I don’t find them useful.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ! 🙂
- Product: 24/30
- Value: 9/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
RECOMMENDATION: I would probably pass unless you really love all of the shades in this palette and don’t mind using darker bases to amp up some of the sheerer shades.