Inglot Matte Eyeshadow Palette #2
Inglot Matte Eyeshadows in #385, 372, 345, 340, 338, 389, 321 (Teals & Dark Blues)
Our look at Inglot’s Matte Eyeshadows ($4.50 to $7.00 each for 0.09 oz.) continues onto some shades of teal, indigo, and dark blues. You can check out the Inglot Eyeshadow Swatch Gallery if you’re looking for more swatches! 🙂 It’s getting quite full!
- 385 is a subtly, cool-toned, medium-dark green with a matte finish.
- 372 is a medium-dark, blue-teal with a matte finish.
- 345 is a pale aqua blue with a matte finish. It was a touch sheer.
- 340 is a deep, dark blackened teal with a matte finish (but I swear, there were very tiny particles of micro-shimmer throughout — I swatched all of Inglot’s mattes first, so there was no residual shimmer from previous swatches).
- 338 is a darkened cornflower blue with a matte finish.
- 389 is a blackened blue with a hint of purple with a matte finish. This shade was a little sheer and harder to work with.
- 321 is a dark, purple-blue with a matte finish. Like #340, it seems like it has a little bit of micro-shimmer.
These are really soft mattes; they have a really buttery feel to them, where you can feel the powder loosening as you swatch. They aren’t particularly powdery, though they’ll kick up a little dust if you are heavy handed with your brush. A little product goes a long way, so there’s no reason to jab at the eyeshadow with a brush (something you might have done with past matte eyeshadows). The softness and give allow these to apply smoothly and evenly; there is no patchiness or drag with these. The only downside to these is if you really pack on the color, you might find that it fades (ever-so-marginally) after eight hours; it’s a very minimal drawback, resulting in 0.5 point reduction in longevity.
#345 and #389 were on the sheerer side, with #345 being more noticeably sheer than #389, but #389 was harder to work with as it had a drier texture and dragged a bit when swatched. I think it would be fine in practice, given it still has good (just not great) color payoff.