Illamasqua Pure Pigment in Furore
Illamasqua Furore Pure Pigment ($24.00 for 0.04 oz.) is a gorgeous shade of gilded, muted copper-bronze. It’s really a beautiful color that can be used as a loose highlighter dusted on cheeks or decolletage or used wet as an easy all-over lid color or as an eyeshadow base for neutral and bronzy looks.
I thought I had reviewed a Pure Pigment before, but apparently I never got around to it, other than this brief rant in a look I used it in originally. The first Pure Pigment I tried was Static, which was a gorgeous color, but the texture wasn’t very smooth (even when used wet) and the packaging drove me batty.
Furore has a much, much nicer texture. It’s almost like night and day! It’s smooth, soft, and really melts together when used wet. The packaging is still the same — very bulky and it’s easy for the pigment to poof out, but I definitely noticed less “poof” than I had previously. I didn’t end up with more on my counter than my eye with Furore.
The worst part about Pure Pigments is the size. It’s a mere 0.04 oz. That’s tiny. That’s almost ridiculous when compared with MAC Pigments (even with the size reduction, they’re still 0.15 oz–almost 4 times the size). Make Up For Ever’s pigments also vary between 0.07 and 0.09 oz. No, you don’t need a lot, so it’s hard to imagine really going through even the 0.04 oz. particularly quickly, but I really can’t believe how little you get.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 27/30
- Value: 6/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 3/5
RECOMMENDATION: If you don’t mind the small quantity you get, then Furore is a fantastic neutral shade. It’s not too bronzy or frosty–it’s kind of like a cross between a metallic and frost, but it’s not too much. I can see it working as a very versatile shade.
WHERE TO BUY: Sephora
For many of us, Mondays can be tough days, what with the work/school week starting off anew. I like to motivate myself for the week by finding things I’m lusting after (usually beauty products–shock of shocks, I’m sure!). It helps me focus my energy on Monday mornings into the things I need to get done, and these little acts of motivation can also serve to be rewards later on down the road, if I accomplish enough of my to-do list, of course! 😉
- theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer ($22.00) is one of theBalm’s newer products, and it is a a shimmery powder. It looks like it’s designed to be a highlighter, but the copy says it can be used as a highlighter, shimmer or shadow. All I know is I’ve heard great things about theBalm’s cheek products, but I haven’t had a chance to try them out for myself.
- Philosophy Beach Party Golden Girl Lip Shine ($12.00) is a summery lip shine, and if you know me… you know I love me some Philosophy lip shines! They’re really hydrating on the lips, give a gorgeous glossy sheen, and they smell delicious.
- Givenchy Poetique Blues ($53.00) just looks stunning in the promo photos. I haven’t seen Givenchy’s fall collection pop up on-counter yet, but it’s all available via Sephora now… for things like these, I’m so hesitant to buy sight unseen, though!
- Benefit Cosmetics Lip Gloss ($18.00) is Benefit’s latest gloss formula, and the shades look gorgeous. I haven’t broken down and purchased any yet, because I haven’t heard enough glowing reviews… What say you?
- NARS Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara ($25.00) is a new mascara, which just recently debuted at Sephora, designed to volumize and hold a curl. I’ve never tried mascara by NARS, so I wonder how this one will compare. The price is a little steep for my liking, though. At that price, I’ll opt for YSL or Chanel.
- Illamasqua Pure Pigment ($24.00) seem to be right up my alley. I know the beauty world is buzzin’ about Illamasqua (both good and bad), but I am really anxious to see these for myself. Chasm, Conquer, and Involve all look like shades I’d love. Those of you in the UK or in NYC, love ’em or leave ’em?
- TEMPTU AIRbrush Makeup System ($225.00) is something that appeals to my inner beauty-gadget-geek. I love tech-y beauty stuff. I imagine this could be kind of fun 😉 (A girl can dream, right?)
- Korres Guava Lipstick ($22.00) is tempting, just because Korres, as a brand, has been impressing me as of late. I’m quite eager to check out their color line, since their skincare is fantastic.
What’s motivating you this Monday?