Kristen Stewart @ 2010 MTV Movie Awards
Sorry, I can’t even look at the makeup, because I can’t believe she’s SMILING!
Frederic Fekkai’s Adir Abergel tended to the tresses of Twilight’s Best Performance, Kristen Stewar, and his inspiration was, “A sleek and edgy high ponytail with added movement.”
Adir applied Fekkai Full Blown Volume™ Styling Whip from the roots to the ends to create volume. He then dried the hair using his hands. With a one inch curling iron, he curled the top sections of the hair in various directions to add movement. For added texture, Adir applied Fekkai Beach Waves to loosen the curls. He then pulled the hair into a high ponytail and secured with a piece of hair from the underneath by wrapping it around the base of the ponytail; this creates a beautiful, clean hold. To finish the look, Adir added Fekkai Coiff™ Sheer Hold Hairspray for all night hold.
Faith Hill @ 2010 Academy Awards
I wouldn’t have expected Faith Hill to wear that dress at all!
To get the look at home, celebrity stylist Oscar Blandi (who created Faith’s look and has worked with Penelope and Jennifer) suggests following these steps:
- Step 1: To create this look, the base is critical. Let 70% of the hair air dry and apply Oscar Blandi Volumizing Spray ($18, available at Sephora.com) from roots to end. Flip the hair upside-down and blow-dry on low mild heat.
- Step 2: Secure all the hair at the nape of the neck with an elastic, using your fingers as a comb to separate the hair for a natural pulled back effect. Wrap individual hair sections around the ponytail and secure with hair pins for a undone chignon.
- Step 3: Lightly pull out hair around the hairline to create a tussled loose frame around the face.
- Step 4: Finish with Oscar Blandi Lacca Hairspray ($23, available at Sephora.com) for shine and a flexible hold.
Love it or hate it?
Kristen Stewart @ 2010 Academy Awards
This look works, from faraway — up close it almost looks too heavy, but I think it’s just right when you pull away.
INSPIRATION: A modern, edgy look with a young vibe
Campora started out by applying FEKKAI COIFF STRONG HOLD VOLUME MOUSSE combing the product through the hair. He dried the hair straight using a FEKKAI LARGE ROUND BRUSH. He then used a 1 inch curling iron to create waves and texture. He added the FEKKAI AU NATURAL DRY SHAMPOO for extra volume and movement. He tied a number of loose braids on the sides of the head beginning half way down the strands, leaving them untied at the ends to create extra dimension to the look. He then pulled all the hair back into a low chignon and secured with large bobby pins. He finished with FEKKAI GLOSSING SHEER MIST for shine and FEKKAI SHEER HOLD HAIRSPRAY for all night hold.
Love it or hate it?
Kate Winslet @ 2010 Academy Awards
The hair is gorgeous!
Lancôme abassador Kate Winslet looked resplendent at the Academy Awards yesterday, clad in an Yves Saint Laurent gown and bold jewelry from Tiffany & Co. Kate’s long-time makeup artist, Jillian Dempsey, topped off the look with soft, ethereal makeup. Both the eyes and the lips got equal attention on this Oscar winner. Shimmering, champagne-pewter shades highlighted the eyes, while very saturated mascara delivered that extra definition. A pop of pink blush on her cheeks gave Kate just a hint of a natural flush. Jillian topped off the look with nude-pink lips.
- EYES: Jillian Dempsey for Avon Professional Kohl Eyeliner in Black, Lancôme Hypnôse Drama Mascara in Excessive Black, Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad in Blushing Raisins (using the Raisin shade for definition), Lancôme Brow Expert in Naturel
- FACE & CHEEKS: Avon MagiX Face Perfector SPF 20, Lancôme Photôgenic Lumessence Foundation, Lancôme Dual Finish Powder Foundation, Shu Uemura Blush in Pink 30
- LIPS: Lancôme L’Absolu Rouge in Rich Cashmere, Lancôme Color Fever Gloss in Hotness
INSPIRATION: A modern day Veronica Lake, classic Hollywood glamour
Start by applying FEKKAI COIFF STRONG HOLD VOLUME MOUSSE mixed with the FEKKAI COIFF PERFECTOR ANTI-FRIZZ SILKENING CRÈME from roots to ends. He made a side part before he dried the hair. He dried the hair with FEKKAI LARGE ROUND BRUSH and pined it in place as it cooled down. Next, he used a one inch curling iron to create soft loose waves. He finished with FEKKAI SHEER HOLD HAIRSPRAY.
Love it or hate it?
Rachel McAdams @ 2010 Academy Awards
“We chose our colour palette based on the water colour look of Rachel’s dress. There was a wash of cool tones in the dress, blue, green, purple, pink so we wanted the eye, cheek and lips to all have this same water colour sheerness to it.” — Kayleen McAdams
For Rachel’s eyes, Kayleen used a combination of grey and pink shades. On the lid, she used CHANEL Fluid Iridescent Eyeshadow in Fountain. She kept the grey on the outer corners of the lid and underneath the eye. She used the rose gold shade in the CHANEL Quadra Eyeshadow in Spices up to the brown bone and along the lid. To finish it off, Kayleen used CHANEL Soft Touch Eye Shadow in Slate in the inner corners of the eye, and followed up with two coats of CHANEL Inimitable Mascara in Noir. She kept the lips very simple with CHANEL Rouge Coco Lip Colour in Rose Comete, a beautiful light pink shade, and a bit of CHANEL Glossimer in Futile to accentuate the lips but keep the focus on the eyes.
For Hollywood’s biggest night of the year, Sebastian Stylist Design Team Member Thomas Dunkin styled actress Rachel McAdams’ tresses to complement her pastel watercolor-print strapless couture gown. The voluminous texture of Rachel’s bun evoked a spring-time look that is effortlessly chic and breathtakingly beautiful.
- Thomas shares styling tips for recreating Rachel’s red carpet look at home:
Start by applying Sebastian Professional Liquid Gloss to slightly damp hair.
- Blow dry hair straight with a large round bristle brush to give hair a smooth, polished base and voluminous texture from which to start styling.
- Brush hair back and put in a ponytail just above the occipital bone. Secure with bobby pins.
- Backcomb the ponytail and start to smooth the hair under using Sebastian Professional Re-Shaper hairspray, securing with bobby pins. Do this until all of the hair is tucked under and secured.
- Apply Sebastian Professional Craft Clay to the top and sides of the head for a textured effect rather than a perfectly-groomed finish.
- Finish the look with Sebastian Professional Re-Shaper hairspray and gently massage the whole look to give it a disheveled, modern feel.
Love it or hate it?
Charlize Theron @ 2010 Academy Awards
Classic red lips! I feel like I haven’t seen Charlize Theron anywhere in a minute.
Charlize Theron’s Oscar hair looked extraordinary this year. Inspired by the pale classic shape of her gown, her longtime hairstylist, Enzo Angileri, created a style that emphasized delicate, enduring beauty.
“To create this look I needed a very smooth texture and lots of natural-looking shine,” explained Angileri. He used new argan oil-infused Moroccanoil Light, made especially for fine and light colored hair, on wet strands before blow-drying to ensure the hair itself looked perfected.
“After that about 50% of my work was done,” he said, “and I had a texture that was workable, healthy-looking and naturally beautiful.”
Angileri then created a low, classic bun by rolling hair around clockwise, held in place with several bobby pins, to complete the classic polished look.
He finished the style with a light misting of Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray to give hair an extra touch of red carpet glamour for the cameras. The look was held in place with new Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray for a firm, flexible hold.
Love it or hate it?