The new bun at Christian Siriano Spring/Summer 2011 Show with Antoinette Beenders for Aveda
Aveda lead stylist Antoinette Beenders created a textured bun using Aveda Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray at the Christian Siriano Spring/Summer 2011 Fashion Week show in New York.
INSPIRATION: “The Christian Siriano hair look for this season is all about different cultures mixing and blending together. The style is a modern bun—full of attitude—with sections of crimped hair cascading over it for texture. It’s a strong, contemporary twist on the classic bun.” — Antoinette Beenders for Aveda
1. Brush hair with a Mason Pearson brush. Pull the top section of hair — from the hairline to the crown — and clip it out of the way.
2. Comb the remaining hair back into a tight, high ponytail and secure with a bungee elastic. Spray with Aveda Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray for hold.
3. Spray Aveda Brilliant™ Spray-On Shine directly onto the bristles of a kabuki-style Aveda Uruku Bronzing Brush. “Paint” the sides of hair with the Uruku Bronzing Brush for shine.
4. Take the ponytail and braid it. Then twist the braid into a bun, securing to the head with bobby pins. Spray with Aveda Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray for ultra-strong hold.
5. Remove the clip from the remaining top section of hair and comb to the crown. Working with small portions of hair (approximately one inch) at a time, use a micro-crimping iron to add texture from the crown to ends.
6. Brush the hair with a Mason Pearson brush to loosen the crimp. Gently pull the hair over the bun and secure at the base with hair pins. Spray with Aveda Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray.
7. Pull a few pieces of hair out of the bun with fingers for extra texture. Set the look with Aveda Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray.
Wilted waves and naturally luminous makeup at ORGANIC by John Patrick Spring/Summer 2011 Presentation with Jenn Chiminiello and Janell Geason for Aveda.
Aveda lead stylist Jenn Chiminiello created “wilted waves” using Aveda Pure Abundance™ Hair Potion and Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray at the ORGANIC by John Patrick Spring/Summer 2011 Fashion Week presentation in New York.
INSPIRATION: “The undone, wavy look is sexy and unrestrained, inspired by a girl’s hair after she’s been in the water. It’s very soft and flowing with lots of texture to give it a natural messiness. It’s loose, second-day hair—like it was curled the day before and then left alone. Our collection this season is based around water. I love that the hair look evokes the salty, windblown feel of hair that’s dried after being in the ocean. The style definitely has some 1970’s, Charlie’s Angels inspiration but the finished look is completely fresh.” — John Patrick of ORGANIC by John Patrick
1. Prep damp hair with Aveda Smooth Infusion™ Style-Prep Smoother™ for sleek smoothness and to prevent frizz. Use a fine-tooth comb to create a strong part of the left side of the head.
2. Scrunch Aveda Phomollient™ Styling Foam into damp hair and massage into roots for volume and shine. Blow hair dry with a large ceramic round brush, curling ends under.
3. Pin top section of hair up with a large clip so sides are free for curling. Use a large-barrel curling iron on one-inch sections of hair at a time, working from the bottom up.
4. Remove pin from top section and curl as done on the sides.
5. Sprinkle Aveda Pure Abundance™ Hair Potion from roots to ends and rake hands through hair to create texture and loose roughness to waves.
6. Finish with a mist of Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray for light hold and pull ends forward to rest on shoulders.