5-Minute Makeup: Neutrals
Super fast neutral eye I did last week! I have some tutorials to upload still, but unfortunately, there’s no tutorial for this look, because I really was in a major rush and didn’t have time to record it. Sorry in advance!
Hope you’re having a fantastic weekend!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Naked Lunch Eyeshadow (shimmery pink-peach), MAC Romp Eyeshadow (amber gold), MAC Bronze Eyeshadow (bronze), MAC Grain Eyeshadow (highlighter), Urban Decay Lucky 24/7 Liner (copper), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: MAC Margin Blush (dirty coral)
- Lips: Guerlain Giulette Lipstick (pink), MAC Nymphette Lipglass (peachy-pink)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Naked Lunch eyeshadow all over the lower lid. Apply Romp eyeshadow on the outer third of the lid, then lightly blend Bronze eyeshadow in the outer crease and very outer edge of the lid with the 226. Blend Grain eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone . Bring everything together by applying Lucky liner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Margin blush on the apples of the cheeks and smooth with fingertips.
For lips, apply Giulette lipstick first, and then layer Nymphette lipglass for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!
The Summer Season: Guerlain Giulette Rouge G Lipstick
Guerlain Giulette (#63) Rouge G Lipstick ($46.00) is a beautiful shade of brightened pink with a smidgen of coral and a glossy golden sheen. It’s that subtle, but noticeable, golden sheen and threaded golden shimmer that really makes this shade stand out. I haven’t quite found a dupe that really compares to the way this one shines! So, so in love with this shade–probably one of my favorite shades of all time.
Is this the right pink lipstick for you? Would you wear it?
The Summer Season is a series of posts featuring bright, vibrant shades of coral, orange, and pink lipsticks and lipglosses — all perfect for a summer of fun — that runs through July 2010.
See photos and swatches…
Wherefore art thou Giulette?
I wanted to wear a brighter/bolder lip, but I was also still on my way to school, so I kept everything else very minimal/subtle and let the lips be the focus. I reviewed Giulette earlier this week, and what makes it stand out in a sea of brighter pinks is really the soft coral undertones and the golden sheen. I definitely hope to find a more affordable dupe, but I haven’t quite yet.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Dior Extase Mascara (black)
- Face: Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer (medium)
- Cheeks: Benefit Sugarbomb (peachy-pink)
- Lips: Guerlain Giulette Lipstick (medium bright pink with coral sheen), Guerlain Crystal Pearl (#800) KissKiss Gloss (sheer iridescent pearl)
- Brushes: 116 (dense blush brush)
For eyes, lightly sweep lashes with Dior Extase Mascara. For cheeks, apply Benefit Sugarbomb to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116. For lips, apply Guerlain Giulette lipstick first, and then layer Guerlain Crystal Pearl gloss for extra glossy shine.
Just a Taste of Summer with Giulette
Guerlain Giulette Rouge G Lipstick (#63) ($45.00) is pretty much my biggest reason for wishing summer was a little closer right now! I originally expected to include this as part of the Spring Season, but obviously, it doesn’t fit that theme. It’s such a beautiful shade of bright pink with just a hint of coral with a golden sheen. It gives lips full-coverage, opaque color and a glossy sheen. Rouge Gs are always moisturizing and tend to look and feel really good on lips. (It is definitely one of the best formulas I’ve tried, though very pricey!) This is just one of those shades that I fell in love with as soon as I applied it to my lips. I was like, “OHH, PRETTY!” I can’t think of any great dupes at the moment — everything is too pink and doesn’t have the same hint of coral or golden sheen as this does — but I’d love to hear from others if they know of dupes!