More Browns with Dior Rosy Tan
This is a look testing out Dior’s Rosy Tan Eyeshadow Palette, along with Make Up For Ever’s new Uplights in #22 and Guerlain’s #02 Terracotta bronzer.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NYX Eyeshadow Base (base), Dior Rosy Tan Eyeshadow Palette (taupe brown, grayish brown, dark brown, shimmering white), Urban Decay Perversion 24/7 Liner (black), Burberry Trench Eyeshadow (beige), Hourglass Film Noir Mascara (black)
- Face: Guerlain Parure Gold Foundation (02, 03), Guerlain Les Violettes Mineral Powder (03)
- Cheeks: Guerlain #02 Terracotta (tan), Make Up For Ever #22 Uplight (shimmery white-pink)
- Lips: Guerlain Giny Rouge G Lipstick (pinky), Le Metier de Beaute Papaya Creme (golden pink-coral)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 222 (fluffy crease brush), 184 (fan brush)
For eyes, start by applying NYX as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 294. Apply the taupe brown eyeshadow to the lower half of the eyelid with the 239. Next, apply the grayish brown eyeshadow to the upper half of the lid and in the crease with the 239. Lightly blend the dark brown eyeshadow into the crease with the 222, blending outwards. Pat the shimmering white eyeshadow lightly above the inner tearduct. highlight the brow bone with Trench eyeshadow using the 217. Apply Perversion liner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Film Noir mascara.
For cheeks, apply #02 Terracotta below the apples of the cheeks and sweep towards the temple with the 184. Lightly pat on #22 on cheekbones to highlight.
For lips, apply Giny lipstick first, then top with Papaya Creme lipgloss for a complementing lip.
Guerlain Giny Rouge G Lipstick
Guerlain’s Latest Beautiful Nude
When you swatch Gillian and Giny ($46.00 for 0.12 oz.) side-by-side, they look incredibly similar, but they are quite distinct when worn (at least on my lips!). While Gillian is a soft rose-nude, Giny is a peach-nude. They both have ultra fine white shimmer and a glossy sheen–a higher shine than the typical Rouge G, actually. As expected, it is also opaque and provides beautiful coverage while still feeling lightweight.
Guerlain’s Rouge G Lipsticks have a strong fruit-floral scent but no taste–I do consider Guerlain’s scented lipsticks to be some of the heavier scented kinds, so do be careful if you are sensitive to scents. I typically get four to six hours of wear, with four hours on lighter shades like Giny.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 29/30
- Value: 7/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
RECOMMENDATION: It would be particularly lovely on cooler skin tones but still an easy to wear, everyday kind of shade for all skin tones.
Look: Guerlain 2 Place Vendome Palette
I have no idea how I ended up with a backlog of looks, but somehow… I did. That’s a first! I did this look last week using the Guerlain palette I bought. Review coming soon!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), Guerlain 2 Place Vendome Eyeshadow Palette (pale beige, medium gray-brown, medium-dark blue, dark antique gold, dark purple-blue), Urban Decay Deviant 24/7 Liner (blue), Fresh Supernova Mascara (black),
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: Rock & Republic Foreplay Blush (dark peach)
- Lips: Guerlain Giny Rouge G Lipstick (nude), Chanel Insouciance Extrait de Gloss (beige)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply dark antique gold eyeshadow on the inner third of the lid and pull upwards along the inner crease. Lightly blend the medium gray-brown eyeshadow on the middle of the lid with the 239. Next, apply the dark antique gold eyeshadow onto the outer lid with the 239. Define the crease with the medium-dark blue eyeshadow and the 226, then lightly pat the dark blue-purple eyeshadow into the crease. Blend the pale beige eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Deviant liner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Supernova mascara.
For cheeks, apply Foreplay blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Giny lipstick first, and then layer Insouciance gloss for a complementing lip.