5 Rose Gold-Inspired Beauties
My favorite metal is rose gold. There’s something about it that’s elegant, warm, and eye-catching to me. It’s actually a color that doesn’t quite seem to be readily produced into makeup, actually–I think it’s the metallic finish.
Do you have anything rose-gold in your makeup stash?
Look: NARS Melusine Eyeshadow Duo
Here’s the look I talked about in my review of NARS Melusine! This was a super quick look — I think it took five minutes at most.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), NARS Melusine Eyeshadow Duo (silver-plum/eggplant), Burberry Trench Eyeshadow (highlighter), MAC Black Swan Pearlglide Eyeliner (silvered black), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: NARS Albatross Blush (white gold)
- Lips: Guerlain Gillian Rouge G Lipstick (pink-brown), Chanel Imaginaire Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss (pink)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 217 (fluffy crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply the silver-plum shade on the lid. Lightly blend the eggplant eyeshadow in the crease and diffuse upwards with the 217. Blend Trench eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Black Swan eyeliner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Albatross blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Gillian lipstick first, and then layer Imaginaire lipgloss for a complementing lip.
Guerlain Gilian Rouge G Lipstick
Something Everyone Can Wear
Guerlain Gillian (14) Rouge G Lipstick ($46.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a light pink muted with brown shimmered with champagne sparkle. It’s mostly opaque, despite its lightness in overall color, with a high gloss finish (seems glossier than the average Rouge G). It’s such a your-lips-but-better kind of pink. Gillian is the complete opposite of Gigi!
This is a universally flattering shade, because it’s a neutral pink that’s light without being pale or pastel. It has the same lightweight texture and creamy, smooth consistency as found in the Rouge G line. (I have not had a single Rouge G disappoint me in terms of feel, formula, or texture!) I know for some, this is a “So what?” kind of shade that doesn’t justify the price tag, but for others, it’s a shade they’ll wear often and merit the cost.
Edited @ 7AM: Pictures fixed!
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 29/30
- Value: 7/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
RECOMMENDATION: If you love shades that are ultra wearable and your-lips-but-better, I think you’ll love Gillian.