The Spring Season: Warmer Pinks Lipstick Wrap-up
I’m actually surprised by the volume of warmer-toned pinks featured in the Spring Season. I always thought finding the right warm pink was difficult, but perhaps not!
- #1 (Benefit Candy Store) is a more pigmented, slightly more coral version of #3 (Chanel Exquise).
- #8 (Guerlain Gemma) is a stunning shade, and the closest dupe I’ve encountered thus far is #10 (Korres #22)–Gemma is brighter and pinker, but Korres #22 has the cool golden sheen of Gemma that makes it so unique.
- #11 (Lancome Voile de Rose) made a big splash amongst readers, and though we have no exact dupe, #9 (Korres #13) and #15 (Shiseido PK 327) come close.
- #7 (Guerlain Gabrielle) seems like a slightly more coral version of #17 (Urban Decay Peroxide).
- #5 (Cle de Peau #106) is a brighter, more intense version of #16 (Urban Decay Naked).
- Benefit Candy Store Lipstick
- Bobbi Brown Rose Guarden Creamy Lip Color
- Chanel Exquise Lipstick
- Chanel Ming Rouge Allure Laque
- Cle de Peau #106 Extra Silky Lipstick
- Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Lipstick
- Guerlain Gabrielle Rouge G Lipstick
- Guerlain Gemma Rouge G Lipstick
- Korres #13 Natural Pink Lipstick
- Korres #22 Rose Guava Lipstick
- Lancome Voile de Rose Lipstick
- Maybelline Warm Me Up Lipstick
- NP Set Havana Lipstick
- Shiseido PK 224 Lipstick
- Shiseido PK 327 Sheer Lip Color
- Urban Decay Naked Lipstick
- Urban Decay Peroxide Lipstick
Guerlain Gabrielle Rouge G Lipstick
The Spring Season: Guerlain Gabrielle Rouge G Lipstick
Guerlain Gabrielle (#60) Rouge G Lipstick ($45.00) is a pink nude with champage shimmer and a glossy sheen. It’s a creamy, moisturizing formula that clings to lips and lasts four to six hours on me. Gabrielle is probably on of the sheerest shades of Rouge G in the line-up, but it still gives good coverage (you can barely see the freckle on my bottom lip) while giving you that lightweight/sheerer look.
Is this the right nude lipstick for you? Would you wear it?
The Spring Season is a series of posts featuring my favorite soft beige, coral, and pink lipsticks and lipglosses — all perfect for the first blossom of spring — that runs through March 2010.
Guerlain Gabrielle Le Rouge G de Guerlain Lipstick
Guerlain Gabrielle Le Rouge G de Guerlain Lipstick ($45.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a sheer, baby pink with soft shimmer. It’s creamy in texture, and the formula keeps lips hydrated. This shade wears so-so; I get about three or four hours without having to reapply, but since it’s lighter, once it starts to fade, it’s more noticeable on me. It’s not as opaque as I’d like, and it reminds me of the way MAC lustre lipsticks look on me (which I don’t love). I wouldn’t recommend this shade as the first Rouge G to own, just because it doesn’t represent the lipstick as well as some of the other shades.
- Product: 28/30
- Value: 7/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
See more swatches… Continue reading →