Wherefore art thou Giulette?
I wanted to wear a brighter/bolder lip, but I was also still on my way to school, so I kept everything else very minimal/subtle and let the lips be the focus. I reviewed Giulette earlier this week, and what makes it stand out in a sea of brighter pinks is really the soft coral undertones and the golden sheen. I definitely hope to find a more affordable dupe, but I haven’t quite yet.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Dior Extase Mascara (black)
- Face: Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer (medium)
- Cheeks: Benefit Sugarbomb (peachy-pink)
- Lips: Guerlain Giulette Lipstick (medium bright pink with coral sheen), Guerlain Crystal Pearl (#800) KissKiss Gloss (sheer iridescent pearl)
- Brushes: 116 (dense blush brush)
For eyes, lightly sweep lashes with Dior Extase Mascara. For cheeks, apply Benefit Sugarbomb to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116. For lips, apply Guerlain Giulette lipstick first, and then layer Guerlain Crystal Pearl gloss for extra glossy shine.
I did this look for fun before I took a shower on Sunday, and in my hurry, I forgot to take close-ups of the eyes/lips, so there’s just a couple of full-face photos, but hopefully you get the idea
I wanted to use Illamasqua’s Static pure pigment, since it sure looks pretty, but I was so not feeling it in practice — it was gritty, never melded together, and really didn’t work. I layered it on top of the paint pot and then put the eyeshadows on top of that, and it even looked heavy and accentuated every little line on my eyelid (which aren’t even really noticeable until you pile makeup on top!). Static is really similar to MAC’s Pink Opal pigment, which is cheaper (by a lot) and never had any problems using before. Oh, and packaging? I think I already lost 10% of the product on my floor and countertop after only opening it twice. Two thumbs down for that! I’ll probably review it later, so you can hear me gripe it about it on the official then!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), Illamasqua Static Pure Pigment (iridescent pearly white/fuchsia), Digit eyeshadow (pale, light purple), Beautiful Iris eyeshadow (medium purple), Parfait Amour eyeshadow (cool medium-deep purple), Make Up For Ever #92 eyeshadow (matte deep purple), Bisque eyeshadow (matte highlighter), Urban Decay Lust 24/7 Liner (purple), Stila Violet Smudge Pot (deep purple), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Face: Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer (in medium)
- Cheeks: Petalpoint blush (raspberry pink), Dior Rose Diamond Skin Shimmer (rosy highlighter)
- Lips: Guerlain Gemma lipstick (medium pink), Guerlain Crystal Pearl KissKiss Gloss (pearly white)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Petalpoint = Dollymix + Well Dressed
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. With the 239, apply Illamasqua Static pure pigment with water-based mixing medium on the lower lid. On the inner lid, pack Digit eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply Beautiful Iris eyeshadow to the middle and outer portions of the lid. Darken crease with Parfait Amour eyeshadow using the 226, then deepen with Make Up For Ever #92 eyeshadow with the 219. Sweep Bisque eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Lust Liner on lower lash line, and Stila Violet smudge pot on the upper lash line using the 209. Apply Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Petalpoint blush using the 129, then highlight with Dior Rose Diamond Skin Shimmer with the 188. Apply Guerlain Gemma lipstick to lips, and then top with Guerlain Crystal Pearl KissKiss Gloss for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →