Bright Makeup: Sky Blues
I got the BLUES! At least, when it comes to the next week… because it’s study, study, STUDY! I feel like my focus is off, too, which is very annoying and frustrating. I managed to get through one outline yesterday, and today, I hope to get through another today… and then start memorizing both!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), MAC Frost Pigment (teal), MAC Vellum Eyeshadow (white with purple flash), MAC Sky Blue Eyeshadow (PRO) (sky blue), MAC Winkle Eyeshadow (periwinkle blue), MAC Atlantic Blue Eyeshadow (PRO) (brightened dark blue), MAC Electric Eel Eyeshadow (bright blue), MAC Shroom Eyeshadow (highlighter), YSL Oriental Blue Dessin du Regard Eyeliner (navy blue), YSL Turquoise Dessin du Regard Eyeliner (teal), MAC NC15/NW20 Chromagraphic Pencil (nude), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140)
- Cheeks: Dolce & Gabbana Peach Blush (soft beige-pink), Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer (golden highlight)
- Lips: Cle de Peau #101 Extra Silky Lipstick (coral), MAC C-Thru Lipglass (creamy nude), Guerlain Brit Rouge G Lipstick, Guerlain #01 Terracotta Gloss (sheer champagne)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: N/A
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. With the 239 and water-based mixing medium (or water), apply Frost pigment all over the lid area. Using the 239, apply Vellum eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Sky Blue eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Winkle eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Lightly blend Atlantic Blue eyeshadow, with the 226, into the outer crease and corner. Define the crease by sweeping Electric Eel eyeshadow into the lower crease with the 219. Lightly tap and brush Vellum eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Shroom eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Oriental Blue eyeliner on the outer half of the lower lash line and Turquoise eyeliner on the inner half of the lower lash line. Apply NC15/NW20 pencil on the lower waterline to make eyes pop. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Peach blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116. Then, highlight cheekbones by sweeping Amber Diamond with the 165.
For lips, apply #101 lipstick first, and then layer C-thru lipiglass for a complementing lip. An alternative lip could be created by first applying Brit lipstick layered with #01 gloss.