Givenchy Je Veux La Lune Collection for Fall 2011
Love, fear, fascination, curiosity; all these emotions it brings out, don’t they just make you want it, with all the superstitions and fantasies? Poets’ escape to an imaginary world fevered by its mysterious face of many messages. It influences nature and sentiments and exerts a magnetic disturbance on our will… I love the Moon for the femininity and softness that it suggests, for its light and shadows, for the adorning veil that it delicately places over our lives. To want the Moon is to want what seems unattainable; that is exciting! But technological advances have now made fanciful lunar voyage possible as well as the mastery of light in this collection.
Les Ombres de Lune, illuminating powder and intense shadow, are the coalescence of this fantasy source light and contrasted moon. The desire to create shadow where there is none inspired me to a great extent; deflected moonlight that gives a different angle to reality. I wanted to take a cinema makeup technique that has always intrigued me and apply it to beauty. The “American night” demands a different way of working with light; complexion must radiate in bold contrasts, like for a black and white image. I wanted the Moon…For you. — Nicolas Degennes
Les Ombres de Lune ($58.00)
An illuminating powder for cheeks, eyes, complexion and an intense eye shadow for a twilight effect.
- Lune Mysterieuse No. 1 Black moon in a creamy white sky (Limited Edition)
- Lune Mordoree No. 2 Night blue moon in a golden sky (Limited Edition)
Le Prisme Blush-Glow
- Lune Rosee No. 41 Dainty sculpting blush with fun pearly colours (Limited Edition)
- Lune Carmin No. 52 Dark sensual red (Limited Edition)
- Lune Carmin No. 31 Dark sensual red (Limited Edition)
- Lune Argentee No. 15 Opalescent veil (Limited Edition)
- Marine Blue No. 16 Black with bold blue reflections
availability: Fall 2011, prices TBA