Navy Blue Eyeliners: BB Black Navy, MUFE #8K, bareMinerals Noon,
D&G 8, EL Blackened Sapphire, MAC Marine Ultra, MAC Prussian, MAC Blooz
Navy Blue Eyeliners: Your Guide
I think navy blue might be the color I have the most shades for!
- Bobbi Brown Black Navy is a deep, dark navy that almost looks purple.
- Make Up For Ever #8K is a deep navy blue. It is a touch darker than Dolce & Gabbana #8.
- bareMinerals Noon is a blackened navy blue. (LE)
- Dolce & Gabbana #8 is a deep navy blue with a sheen. It is a bit lighter than MUFE #8K.
- Estee Lauder Blackened Sapphire is a rich, blackened navy blue with a matte finish. (LE)
- MAC Marine Ultra is a lighter, but a darker blue with more brightness than other shades here.
- MAC Prussian is a navy blue with a purple tinge and a soft sheen.
- MAC Blooz is a blackened navy blue with a hint of purple. It is very similar to Givenchy #14.
- Givenchy #14 is a blackened navy blue with a hint of purple. It is very similar to MAC Blooz.
- NARS Rue Saint-Honore is a dark navy blue with a soft sheen. It is a touch more intense compared to Dolce & Gabbana #8 and MUFE #8K.
- YSL Oriental Blue #3 is a rich, navy blue with a matte finish. It is a touch lighter than La Prairie Midnight Blue.
- Korres #9 is a teal-ish blue (looked navy blue in the pencil!). (DC)
- La Prairie Midnight Blue is a rich, navy blue with a matte finish. It is a bit darker than YSL Oriental Blue.
- Chanel Marine is a shimmering navy blue.
- Make Up For Ever #3L is a blackened navy blue with soft sparkle.
- MAC Fly-By-Blu is a lightened blue over a blackened navy base. (LE)
- MAC Petrol Blue is a dark navy blue with sparkle over a blackened blue base. This shade is similar to MUFE #8K and D&G #8.
- MAC Blue Stripe is a blackened navy blue with a subtle sheen. It is darker and less sparkly compared to MAC Petrol Blue, and a touch darker than MUFE #3L.
- Urban Decay Binge is a lightened navy blue with a hint of purple; it is a bit lighter than the other navy blues here.
- Tarina Tarantino Cute Robot is a rich navy blue over a blackened navy base. It is comparable to NARS Rue Saint-Honore and MAC Petrol Blue.
- MAC Sense of Style is a darkened, teal-blue with a black base. (LE)
- MAC Navy Stain is a navy blue with subtle sheen.
- MAC Hyacinth is a medium-dark blue with a matte finish. (LE)
- MAC Industrial is a lightened, medium blue with a brownish-black base. It is similar to MAC Fly-By-Blu, but it has a lighter base.
- Urban Decay LSD is medium blue sparkle over a blackened navy base. It is a bit like MAC Fly-By-Blu. (LE)
- Make Up For Ever #15L is a darkened cornflower blue with a barely-there sheen.
TEMPTALIA PICKS: #5 (pigmentation, texture), #17 (intensity), #20 (pigmentation, longevity), #26 (uniqueness, longevity)
Behind-the-Series: It was my intention to provide heavy, opaque swatches to provide an accurate color comparison. Some eyeliners required one pass, some required five, and a few even more. When possible, the shade name (above) is linked to the original review so you can read more about the quality, wear, etc. of a particular eyeliner. If we’ve never done a review, there will be no link. Shades that were limited edition will be marked with “(LE)” and shades that were discontinued will be marked with “(DC)” after the color description. You can also find all comparisons on The Dupe List.