Fresh for Summer with Essie’s Summer Collection
Essie’s Summer Collection features six shades of creamy summer colors. They dry pretty fast, and the finish is only slightly glossy, so I used Nubar’s Diamont Top Coat (it was the closest one at the time – no real preference!). I liked Knockout Pout and Pretty Edgy the most–very strong, opaque color and a fuss-free application. Vermillionaire applied the smoothest, and pros could probably get away with just one coat if they really wanted! I felt like these applied better than the average Essie, which may just be because three of the shades are much darker (and pastels have a tendency to be fussier).
- Knockout Pout is a brightened, glowing dark pink cream. It was pretty opaque in two coats.
- Haute as Hello is a lightened coral-orange. I used three coats with this one.
- Vermillionaire is a bold, deep orange. This one applied the best and only needed two coats.
- Pretty Edgy is a dark, grassy green cream. It’s pretty much exactly the color of grass to me – suppose that’s quite fitting for summer! I needed three coats to get a completely opaque look.
- Demure Vixen is a lightened mauve with pale purple shimmer. It’s a very soft, pretty color. The shimmer is incredibly subtle, but it’s there. It almost looks like a cream from a distance.
- Miss Matched is a pale pink-lilac cream. I found this one to be the streakiest, and I definitely needed three coats with it. You can still see some of my nail line even with three coats.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 27/30
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
Recommendation: If one of these colors grabs you, then it’s certainly worth checking out. I don’t have anything quite like Pretty Edgy, but the other shades may be a little easier to find, depending on how extensive your stash is!