Beauty Brands Go Green & Natural
Looking for some beauty products that are made with more natural ingredients or are more earth-friendly? Here are brands and their products to consider!
- Yes to Carrots (A personal favorite brand!) offers a full line of body and skin care with attention paid to using natural ingredients. I am particularly fond of their body butters and lip butters.
- Alba is beauty care line that offers products that use pure plant proteins, natural botanicals, vitamins, and sea enzyles, plus inspiration from Hawaiian islands, to create their range of products.
- Giovanni is all about PureOrganic Technology, patented by Giovanni. I like this particularly brand for its availability in mass retailers, which makes it easier to acquire!
- Eco-Tools (Available at Target) is an eco-friendly line of cosmetic tools at low prices without sacrificing quality.
- LUSH — A cult favorite when it comes to beautifying youself in a more earth-friendly way.
- vedaPURE — This is a fabulous line for those concerned with chemicals in their beauty products, especially moms-to-be. (Also, if you’re already a mom with little ones, offers several safe and natural soaps and hand washes for kids.)
- Revolution Organics — Check out their new Freedom Glow Beauty Balm and Freedom Glosses! (Also, their Balm is fantastic. Just ran out of mine after several months!)
- Suki is a line uses 100% pure and organic formulas. It supports fair trade, organics, and local soucing while remaining cruelty free. They avoid leaving any carbon footprint by making products fresh by hand. They use glass packaging instead of plastic packaging to reduce waste. Even their packaging and shipping materials use organic cornstarch peanuts and unbleached newsprint papers.
- Josie Maran is offering an Earth Day Kit, which contains a deluxe sample of Argan Oil, Daring Plumping Lip Gloss, Sunrise Cream Blush, Black Mascara, and Black eyeliner for $48.00.
- Sally Hansen is now offering eco-friendly nail boards for just under a dollar each. It is made with recycled and natural materials, like a pressed paper and coating of natural mineral abrasives as opposed to artificial abrasives and layers of foam.
- Rimmel London recently launched their Lasting Finish Mineral Powder Foundation. It is designed to be “makeup-as-skincare.” It is a sheer but buildable formula that goes on smoothly.
- L’Oreal’s EverPure line of hair products are 100% vegan and sulfate free.
Try shopping at eco-friendly (and eco-chic!) boutiques like Vert for your green beauty needs.