Wear Jewel-tones in Teal & Blue to really add drama to the eyes. Both colorful and dark, it offers something less traditional than a gray/black smoky eye.
Pinks & Browns are quite complimentary for most skin tones, and it’s a great way to add color to an ensemble. It’s color-rich, but it isn’t really a jumbling of crazy in-your-face bright shades.
Match Gold and Green together as a great way to bring a classic holiday color (gold) to a more modern level.
Bright Purples is a nice way to go feminine and colorful all at once. The purples are bright enough to attract attention, but they aren’t so primary that it looks garish.
The Black Smoky Eye is always something to consider doing when you have a really fun event to go to. It’s definitely not something you’d wear to a wedding by any means, but to a New Year’s Eve party? Quite possibly! This is one of the easiest looks I’ve ever done, but I’ve always received a lot of compliments on it when I wear it. I also love this black-gold alternative, too.
Happy Tuesday everyone! Hopefully those of you who celebrate the holidays have finished your shopping, but if you haven’t–much luck and patience wished your way for all your last minute shopping. I’m totally going to Safeway to pick up gift cards for the several people who failed to give me wish lists!
I did this look two days ago, and I really liked how it came out! But it’s hard for me to resist blues and making them smoky and dark. 😉
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Bell Bottom Blue pigment (navy blue base), Vellum eyeshadow (duochrome white), Arctic Grey eyeshadow (light silver), Mont Black eyeshadow (black), Penultimate Liner (black), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Enough Said blush (soft peach)
- Lips: Up Note lipstick (beige nude), Naked Frost lipglass (taupe)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Bell Bottom Blue = Navy Blue; Arctic Grey = Electra; Mont Black = Black Tied; Enough Said = Bronzer; Up Note = Cherish; Naked Frost = Mad Cap
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Bell Bottom Blue pigment all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, apply Vellum eyeshadow using the 239. Apply Arctic Grey eyeshadow to the middle of the lid. Darken the outer lid using Mont Black packed on and drag into crease using the 239. Darken crease with Mont Black eyeshadow using the 239. Sweep Vellum underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Penultimate Liner on upper lash line, Vellum eyeshadow on lower lash line (use the 219), and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Enough Said blush using the 129. Apply Up Note lipstick to lips, and then top with Naked Frost lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →