Dior Pink Veil (654) Ultra Gloss
Dior Spring 2011: Trianon Silver
Dior Trianon Silver (707) Ultra Gloss ($26.50 for 0.21 oz.) is a a sheer silvered-gray hued gloss with silver, white, and fuchsia micro-shimmer. It seemed quite reminiscent of Chanel Aragonite, but when worn, they look quite different–Dior has a much finer shimmer with a milkier pale base that gives lips a paler, whiter look, while Chanel’s shimmer seems to catch more light. From afar, they look similar when worn.
The strength of Ultra Gloss lies in its formula–I really think it’s the feel and look of the product that makes this gloss worth checking out. It is a moisturizing lipgloss with a very smooth, slick feel–it’s very comfortable to wear–with a shimmering sparkle that’s noticeable without being overwhelming. It’s completely non-sticky and has no scent or taste. All these characteristics leads me to think that a lot of lipgloss fans will enjoy them. I did find that these only lasted just under two hours on me, and then all that remained was the shimmer/micro glitter, and I’d say this was the major downside of this gloss.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 27/30
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
FINAL THOUGHTS: The formula is slick and comfortable to wear without being drying, though it only lasts a couple of hours. This shade is on the sheerer side, but I’m sure that’s for the better, given it is also a silvery gray. It should suit all skin tones, both from the lack of traditional color and sheerness. It can also be used to layer over vampy shades for more depth.
WHERE TO BUY: Sephora
Quick & Easy Spring Look
I needed to do something soft enough to wear with a variety of lip colors, as I was doing some swatching, and I didn’t want to spend too long on it either — this is the result. The weather lately has been wreaking havoc on my skin, though — SO DRY!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Laura Gellar Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Prance Eyeshadow (mauve gray), MAC Top of the Posh Eyeshadow (soft pink), MAC Noir Plum Eyeshadow (purple), MAC Unflappable Eyeshadow (dark brown), Burberry Trench Eyeshadow,Urban Decay Delinquent 24/7 Shadow Pencil (vibrant purple) Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Burberry Pressed Powder (03)
- Cheeks: MAC Sur Blush (neutral pink-brown), Guerlain Teint Rose Pressed Meteorites (pale shimmering beige)
- Lips: Chanel Byzantine Rouge Coco Lipstick (pink-red), Dior Trianon Silver Ultra Gloss (silver)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 222 (fluffy crease brush), 263 (angled eyeliner brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Prance = Vex; Top of the Posh = Pink Venus; Noir Plum = Grape pigment; Unflappable = Satin Taupe; Sur = Prism; Gana = Soft & Gentle
For eyes, start by applying Eye Spackle as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Prance eyeshadow all over the inner two-thirds of the lid. Lightly blend Top of the Posh eyeshadow onto the outer corner with the 239. Apply Unflappable eyeshadow in the crease with the 222. Next, apply Noir Plum eyeshadow into the lower crease with the 222, only in the center. . Blend Trench eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Delinquent on the lower lash line and pat Prance eyeshadow on lower lower lash line with a dampened 219 to brighten. Finish by sweeping lashes with Buxom Lash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Sur blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116, then highlight with Teint Rose using the 165.
For lips, apply Byzantine lipstick first, then layer Trianon Silver lipgloss for a complementing lip.