Easy Makeup: Soft & Sweet for Spring
I wanted to wear Stylesetter, so I figured a softer eye would be best, because Stylesetter is pretty bright on its own. I don’t know if I’ve done a combination with these kinds of colors before, but I was pleasantly surprised at how it turned out.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Urban Decay Eden Primer Potion (matte base), MAC Nylon Eyeshadow MAC Bright Sunshine Eyeshadow (PRO) (white gold), (sunshine yellow), MAC Expensive Pink Eyeshadow (dirty pink), MAC Satin Taupe Eyeshadow (dark taupe brown), MAC Femme-fi Eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), Urban Decay Bourbon 24/7 Liner (brown), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: DiorSkin Nude Foundation (021 Linen), Laura Mercier Setting Powder
- Cheeks: Dior Coral Riviera Blush (coral-pink), Dior Rose Diamond SkinShimmer (rosy pink highlighter)
- Lips: MAC Stylesetter Lipstain Marker (brightened pink)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Femme-fi = Nylon; Stylesetter = Girl About Town (blotted)
For eyes, start by applying Eden primer potion as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Nylon eyeshadow on the inner half of the eyelid. Next, apply Bright Sunshine eyeshadow on the outer half of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer crease with Expensive Pink eyeshadow with the 226, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Add depth to the crease by lightly applying Satin Taupe eyeshadow into the outer, lower crease with the 219. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Femme-fi eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Bourbon eyeliner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Coral Riviera blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116. Highlight cheekbones by applying Rose Diamond skinshimmer with the 165 onto the tops of cheeks.
For lips, apply Stylesetter lipstain marker for a brightened pink stain.