Copper & Bronze Look
You could also add more color to this combo by adding a burgundy or berry eyeshadow (like MAC Cranberry) into the crease or on the outer third of the lid. I loved the lip combo the best from this look!
P.S. – Happy 500,000 comments!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Paparazz-she Eyeshadow (copper), MAC Spectacle of Yourself Eyeshadow (bronze), MAC Tweet Me Eyeshadow (peachy-melon), Burberry Trench Eyeshadow, Urban Decay Lucky 24/7 Shadow Pencil (copper), Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Burberry Pressed Powder (03)
- Cheeks: Benefit Bella Bamba Blush (pink)
- Lips: Guerlain Garance Rouge G Lipstick (pink-nude), Dior Apricot Cloche Ultra Gloss (peach-pink)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 222 (fluffy crease brush), 263 (angled eyeliner brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Paparazz-she = Copper Sparkle pigment; Spectacle of Yourself = Antiqued; Tweet Me = Melon
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Paparazz-she eyeshadow on the lower lid. Lightly blend Spectacle of Yourself eyeshadow onto the outer corner and crease with the 222. Apply Tweet Me eyeshadow on the inner tear duct and crease with the 239. Blend Trench eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Lucky on the lower lash line and pat Tweet Me eyeshadow on lower lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Inimitable Intense mascara.
For cheeks, apply Bella Bamba blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Garance lipstick first, then layer Apricot Cloche lipgloss for a complementing lip.
Dior Addict Ultra Gloss: Outrageous Fuchsia (686), Apricot Cloche (436), Sari Pink (576)
Dior Addict Ultra Gloss ($26.50 for 0.21 fl. oz.) is a new lip gloss released by Dior this spring/summer. It’s supposed to be a lightweight, ultra shimmering, moisturizing formula with a brush applicator. They are supposed to deliver a “sheer wash of catwalk color”–so keep in mind, these are supposed to be sheer. I had a few readers ask me my thoughts on these, so I figured I’d pick up three shades during Sephora’s V.I.B. sale!
Available shades include: Twin Set Pink (157) (light peachy pink shimmer), Beige Tweed (227) (pinky beige shimmer), Satin Peach (236) (sheer golden peach), Negligee Pink (256) (sheer neutral pink), Pink Trench (257) (pale pink shimmer), Apricot Cloche (436) (light golden apricot shimmer), Sari Pink (576) (vibrant rosy pink), Outrageous Fuchsia (686) (soft fuchsia with micro glitter), Evening Rose (756), Little Red Dress (856) (true red with m icro glitter), Mauve Accent (886) (tvibrant lilac with micro glitter), and Black-Tie Plum (982) (deep burgundy plum).
I tried three shades…
- Outrageous Fuchsia (686) is a muted darkened fuchsia pink with brighter fuchsia and purple sparkle.
- Apricot Cloche (436) is sheer peach base with brighter peach-gold shimmer. It adds a little darkness to my lips, turning them an almost coral-pink. This was the most pigmented shade of the three I tried, but I found this one looked a little splotchy up-close.
- Sari Pink (576) is a sheer slightly blue-based pink base with fuchsia and pink shimmer. Still a sheer shade, but it does punch up my natural lip color to a faded watermelon pink.
The strength of Ultra Gloss lies in its formula–I really think it’s the feel and look of the product that makes this gloss worth checking out. It is a moisturizing lipgloss with a very smooth, slick feel–it’s very comfortable to wear–with a shimmering sparkle that’s noticeable without being overwhelming. It’s completely non-sticky and has no scent or taste. All these characteristics leads me to think that a lot of lipgloss fans will enjoy them.
I did find that these only lasted just under two hours on me, and then all that remained was the shimmer/micro glitter, and I’d say this was the only downside I could find about this gloss. The packaging is true-to-form for Dior; a square lipgloss that’s sturdy and lightweight. I also really like how much you get in each tube–a whopping 0.21 fl. oz.–$126/oz. vs. $109/oz. for a MAC Lipglass.
They’re not my personal favorite lipgloss, as I do tend to prefer products with a little more pigmentation, but these really do feel amazing on! They’re supposed to be sheer, though! I will say that I do wish these lasted a little longer on the lips as most of it has disappeared by the time I’ve gotten to hour two.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 27/30
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
Recommendation: If love sheer, non-sticky lipgloss, Dior Ultra Gloss is exactly that. And if you don’t mind reapplying every two hours or so, I think you’d really like these.