CoverGirl Captivate Lip Perfection Lipcolor
CoverGirl Lip Perfection: Captivate, Fervor, Enchant, Smoky, Enamor
Let’s take a look at five more shades of Lip Perfection, and these five finish up the range of brown-based lip colors within the CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipcolor ($6.99 for 0.12 oz.) formula. Like the first six I reviewed, this set of five yield opaque color coverage with very little product (think one swipe!) and have a slight shine regardless of whether it’s a straight cream or laced with a little micro-shimmer. As I said in my original review, the only ding on these is that they’re not as moisturizing as they claim to be.
- Captivate is an opaque, lightened, brick red with a creamy finish with a subtle shimmer and shine. It’s a little lighter than Bobbi Brown Raisin. It seems a bit redder than Chanel Imperial.
- Fervor is an opaque, plummy red with a creamy finish and shine. It’s only a smidgen darker than Cle de Peau #117. It’s pinker than Chanel Ballet Russe. It’s also similar to MAC Sappho.
- Enchant is an opaque, dark chocolate brown kissed by red with a glossy shine and creamy finish. It’s not quite as dark as NYX Very Berry but similar. It is also similar to NYX Decadent Lipstick, which is a little lighter. It’s more opaque and a touch lighter than MAC Underworld.
- Smoky is an opaque, rich bronze shimmered brown with a metallic sheen. I couldn’t think of anything similar to this that I’ve reviewed.
- Enamor is an opaque reddened brown with a creamy finish and shine. It has a creamier finish but is close to the color of Illamasqua Growl and Bobbi Brown Blackberry. MAC Dark Side is redder and brighter, but it is fairly close to MAC Dark Deed.