CoverGirl Delish Lip Perfection Lipcolor
CoverGirl Lip Perfection: Rapture, Temptation, Burn, Rich, Flame, Hot
Here last six shades from the Nudes/Corals/Reds portion of the CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipcolor ($6.99 for 0.12 oz.) range. When it comes to seeking out rich, opaque lipstick with an affordable price tag, LipPerfection is at the top of my list. The only issue I had with the formula is that it is not as moisturizing as it claims to be. They can be on the thicker side, because they are so creamy.
- Rapture is a frosted, pink-coral with full color coverage. It’s a bit redder than Make Up For Ever #4 but a little less orange compared to Lancome Corset. MAC Viva Glam Cyndi has a similar color base but doesn’t have the frosted finish (so it appears darker).
- Temptation is a vibrant, dark coral-orange with coppery-gold shimmer. Surprisingly, this shade was a little less pigmented than the majority of the range, though it still has nearly opaque color coverage. Urban Decay 5150 has a similar base color but lacks the gold shimmer and sheen. La Prairie Corail is less glossy and vibrant. It is richer and more vibrant than MAC Drive Me Wild.
- Burn is a rich, deep red with ruby micro-shimmer and nearly opaque color coverage. It’s a touch brighter compared to Guerlain Garconne but very similar. It’s a bit darker than Chanel Byzantin.
- Rich is a subtly berry-infused red with pale, white-pink shimmer. It applies opaquely with a soft, frosted finish. It’s a little redder but seems closest to Tom Ford Moroccan Rouge. Estee Lauder Plumberry is redder.
- Flame is a vibrant pinky-red with a creamy finish and opaque color. Make Up For Ever #37 is several shades lighter. MAC Pink Fusion is more orange-based and lighter. Chanel Cambon comes close but it’s a touch lighter and less vibrant. MAC Gesina seems to be the closest – just a little more red-based.
- Hot is a vibrant cherry red with subtle blue undertones. It is similar to any number of blue-based reds (see the Swatch Gallery of red lipsticks to compare). Two I felt were remarkably similar were Make Up For Ever #43 and MAC Heartless.