Wonder Woman Comparison “Session”
MAC Wonder Woman: Blush and Mineralize Skinfinish Comparisons & Dupes
Here are comparisons for the blushes and mineralize skinfinishes! If I did not compare something, the most likely reason is because I do not own it.
- AMAZON PRINCESS (magenta side) is a lighter version of Her Blooming Cheek, while Band of Roses is less blue-based.
- AMAZON PRINCESS (redder side) is closest to New Vibe, which is slightly less intense. Band of Roses is a darker red with no coral. NARS Sin doesn’t compare.
- MIGHTY APHRODITE (pink coral side) is similar to Guerlain Blush G (pink side, not mixed) and NARS Deep Throat, which is a little less pink. Ripe Peach is more orange-based (this used equal parts of it; if you used the darker half, then it would be more similar). Benefit Bella Bamba is pinker, while Bite of an Apple is redder and darker (nothing alike).
- MIGHTY APHRODITE (red coral side) is pinker than Bite of an Apple.
- GOLDEN LARIAT (highlighting side) did not compare to any other highlighter I owned, because it has a very strong yellow base. It’s kindof like using Goldmine eyeshadow as a highlighter. NARS Albatross, for example, goes on as a white gold.
- GOLDEN LARIAT (bronzing side) is darker and less golden than both Comfort and Sunny by Nature. Gold Deposit is bronzy in comparison. A Little Bit of Sunshine is cooler and darker. Cheeky Bronze is similar in color but the gold shimmer makes it appear lighter.
- GOLDEN LARIAT (blushing side)is a touch darker than A Little Bit of Sunshine.
- PINK POWER (highlighting side) is paler than both Perfect Topping and Happy Together, which appear more beige.
- PINK POWER (bronzing side) is less golden than both Comfort and Sunny by Nature.
- PINK POWER (blushing side) has less pink than both Springsheen and NARS Super Orgasm.
Wonder Woman Comparison “Session”
MAC Wonder Woman: Lipstick & Lipglass Comparisons & Dupes
Here are comparisons for the lipglasses and lipsticks! If I did not compare something, the most likely reason is because I do not own it.
- ATHENA’S KISS is most comparable to Magnetique, which is just a bit darker. Funtabulous is sheerer and less intense, while True Babe is brighter, lighter, and bluer-based. Fierce & Fabulous is too pink, while Hot House is significantly darker and Electric Fuchsia is purpler.
- EMANCIPATION is a little lighter than Bare Necessities, while Devilishly Stylish is a touch less pink but otherwise very similar. Feeling Dreamy is a paler variation, and Young Spark is darker.
- SECRET IDENTITY is rustier than Crescent, and it is much lighter than Liqueur. Oh Baby is too bronzy, while Kumquat is similar in feel but obviously lighter.
- WONDER WOMAN is more of a true red than Wicked Ways, which is bluer-based. Cult of cherry is a deeper red with finer shimmer. Russian Red is similar in color, but more opaque and has no shimmer. I think Venetian should be closer, but I do not own it.
- HEROINE is unlike anything I own, though I think it may compare to Strength (which I do not own). Bronze Shimmer is too coppery, Honeymoon is so light and pale in comparison, and Gel is really nothing alike.
- MARQUISE D’ is closest to Hug Me, which is a little darker, and Sandy B, which is a little pinker. Angel is far too pink, while Innocence Beware and Hue are paler and pinker.
- SPITFIRE is darker and less magenta than Petals & Peacocks, Gladiola, and Madly Magenta. Pomposity has a brighter frost with more fuchsia. Style Curve is sheerer and purpler.
Eyeshadow Comparison “Session”
MAC Wonder Woman: Eyeshadow Quad Comparisons & Dupes
Here are swatch comparisons for the three eyeshadow quads from the collection… If it is not included in here, it is most likely because I do not own it.
- DEFIANCE is a lot pinker in comparison to Vanilla, while it is more comparable to Pink Opal under natural light (but less so with flash; Pink Opal reflects more and looks whiter). Ego is pinker.
- PARADISE ISLAND is a little cooler-toned than Pink Papillon, while it is pinker than Pen ‘n’ Pink, and less frosty than Urban Decay Sphynx.
- STAR STUDDED is lighter and less violet than Vibrant Grape, while it is significantly lighter than Fig. 1.
- REAL DRAMA is less red than Deep Damson, and it is slightly less red compared to Sketch, but it is fairly similar to the latter.
- LADY JUSTICE is just a less pigmented version of Forgery and Urban Decay Uzi. At the most, it is less bright.
- INSURMOUNTABLE is a shade I do not have a dupe of, and the closest I could find in my stash was Korres #42S, which is paler and frosty. I’m not saying there are no dupes (check the review–I listed some that I do not own), just that I couldn’t find anything I own that is.
- BOLD BABE is more muted than Houglass Prism and Love Lace, both appear bluer. Dandizette is a richer blue and not really a dupe.
- MANILA PAPER is just a smidgen whiter in comparison to Nylon, but they are very, very similar. Creme de Miel is significantly yellower, while Rose Blanc and Soft Force are noticeably yellower though not as yellow as Creme de Miel.
- VALIANT is a paler, slightly yellower version of Juxt. Korres #44S is nearly identical–slightly greener. Metamorph is greener. NARS Sea, Sex, Sun is far too dark and green to compare.
- DIANA UNDERCOVER is less teal in comparison to Bottle Green, while it is greener than Femme Noir.
- SPINNING TRANSFORMATION is similar in the base color as Make Up For Ever #47, which is slightly greener and has no shimmer. Sumptuous Olive is browner, more metallic, but closest that I had. Hourglass Dune is much, much darker and not comparable.
Eyeliners: Comparisons & Dupes
Make sure you haven’t missed any of our eyeliner comparison posts–here is a roundup of what we’ve done! The series is now over, but I hope you enjoyed it and find it useful in the future.
NARS Manon, UD Ransom, MAC Rich Purple, L’Oreal HIP Violet Volt, MUFE #11L, Tarina Tarantino Amethyst Android, UD Lust
Purple and Violet Eyeliner Comparisons & Dupes
Here is our last eyeliner comparison — blue-based purples!
- NARS Manon Eyeliner is a blue-based violet purple. There’s no shimmer, just pure purple. (Review)
- Urban Decay Ransom 24/7 Liner is an iridescent violet purple with a pinky undertone. (Review)
- MAC Rich Purple Chromagraphic Pencil is a dark, cool-toned purple (Review)
- L’Oreal HIP Violet Volt Chrome Eyeliner is a grayed purple with a metallic sheen. (Review
- Make Up For Ever #11L Aqua Eyes is a violet purple with a satin sheen. (Review)
- Tarina Tarantino Amethyst Android Hyperliner is a violet purple with a satin sheen. It is slightly bluer than Make Up For Ever #11L. (Review)
- Urban Decay Lust 24/7 Liner is a medium-dark, blue-based violet. It is bluer and darker than Make Up For Ever #11L. (Review)
DUPE ALERT! NARS Manon Eyeliner is a lighter version of MAC Rich Purple Chromagraphic Pencil.
DUPE ALERT! Makeup For Ever #11L Aqua Eyes is a slightly more purple (less blue) than Urban Decay’s Ransom 24/7 Liner–they are the closest in terms of color here, though.
Formula/Wear: NARS Eyeliner is the only one that I have any issues with based on my experience–it just smudges, migrates, and generally is a mess on me but many readers had positive experiences (and others who had similar experiences to mine), so I recommend reading the review for a fuller perspective. MAC’s Chromagraphic Pencil is one of the longest wearing pencils I’ve come across and incredibly pigmented, too.
Chanel Cassis, MUFE #6L, UD Crash, UD Rockstar, MUFE #4L, CoverGirl Violet Voltage, UD 1999, Guerlain Bohemian
Plum (Purple) Eyeliner Comparisons & Dupes
I split up purples into two, because I had a lot of plummy shades and then several more violet/blue-based purples, so I thought it was best to separate the two as they are similar to each other!
- Chanel Cassis Long Lasting Eyeliner is a dark plum with a near matte finish. (Review)
- Make Up For Ever #6L Aqua Eyes is a plummy purple with a cooler finish–less red than most plums have. (Review)
- Urban Decay Crash 24/7 Liner is a darkened plum-brown with a frosted sheen. (Review)
- Urban Decay Rockstar 24/7 Liner is a darkened plum-brown with a frosted sheen. (Review)
- Make Up For Ever #4L Aqua Eyes is a medium plum (Review)
- CoverGirl Violet Voltage Liquiline Blast is a red-toned plum with a near matte finish. (Review)
- Urban Decay 1999 24/7 Liner is a lightened red-tinged plum with gold shimmer. (Review)
- Guerlain Bohemian Stylo Yeux is a burgundy plum with a metallic sheen.
DUPE ALERT! Crash and Rockstar are surprisingly similar. Crash appears to be slightly brighter/plummier.
DUPE ALERT! Makeup For Ever #4L Aqua Eyes is a slightly lighter, sheerer version of CoverGirl’s Violet Voltage, which is really weird to say. The CoverGirl one does require layering though, but it comes together a little better in the end–also seems more matte.
Formula/Wear: CoverGirl Liquiline Blast is the only one that I have any issues with based on my experience. CoverGirl just requires more layering, as it is not as pigmented as the other shades here. I have not tested Guerlain Eyeliners in full, so I cannot comment on wear.