Cle de Peau Just Joey (T2) Extra Rich Lipstick
Decadence in Nude
Last week, I shared Red Abundance (R2), one of eight shades of Cle de Peau Extra Rich Lipsticks ($60.00 for 0.14 oz.). This week, I’m sharing Just Joey (T2), which is a browned-tan nude with a little peachiness to it. It is completely opaque in just one stroke, and it delivers a beautiful soft glossed finish without shimmer. This would be a beautiful, upgraded nude on both cool and warm skin tones, but particularly so on warmer skin tones.
The Extra Rich line-up includes a total of eight shades: R1 Black Bacara, R2 Red Abundance, R3 Leonardis, R4 Danse du Feu, T1 Halloween, T2 Just Joey, T3 Baby Julia, and T4 Calliope.
The Extra Rich Lipstick formula is opaque, smooth, and easy to wear. I get between three and five hours of wear, even with more nude shades like Just Joey. It clings and hugs lips without being drying (but actually hydrating), but it is still a lovely textured lipstick. It’s just not this thick or overly creamy lipstick that slips around lips, but it doesn’t feel tight or heavy either. I’ve also found that it de-emphasizes the lip lines with the effect really settling in after about fifteen minutes of wear.
Price aside, is this a nude you’d wear?
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 30/30
- Value: 7/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 5/5
Recommendation: It’s a fabulously lightweight lipstick with excellent color pay off that delivers exceptional wear with a luxury-level price tag.
Availability: Saks Fifth Avenue
Natural Makeup: Quick & Easy Browns
My days are all messed up. I thought it was going to be Saturday, so I thought a neutral look would make for a good Saturday post… but no, it’s Friday. Had I known that, I would have definitely done something brighter. Boo! And yeah, the lip combo for this look is a pricey one, so you could try MAC Kinda Sexy or Honeylove lipstick with Nymphette lipglass on top for a more affordable version! (I am just determined to start using and finishing some of my higher-end lipsticks/glosses!)
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC All That Glitters Eyeshadow (reddish champagne), MAC Soft Brown Eyeshadow (soft brown), MAC Swiss Chocolate Eyeshadow (medium chocolate brown with red undertones), MAC Grain Eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), Urban Decay Underground 24/7 Liner (reddish brown), Fresh Supernova Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: Estee Lauder Peach Nuance Blush (coral-pink), Benefit Sugarbomb Blush (pinky-peach)
- Lips: Cle de Peau T2 Extra Rich Lipstick (browned nude), Cle de Peau #2 Lipgloss (champagne-peach)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply All That Glitters eyeshadow on the inner two thirds of the lid. Lightly blend Soft Brown eyeshadow on the outer third of the lid with the 239. Next, apply Swiss Chocolate eyeshadow into the crease with the 226, lightly blending onto the outer lid. Blend Grain eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Underground eyeliner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Supernova mascara.
For cheeks, apply Peach Nuance blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116, then lightly pat Sugarbomb blush on the cheekbones for a little glow.
For lips, apply T2 lipstick first, and then layer #2 lipgloss for a complementing lip.