The Spring Season: Coral Lipstick Wrap-up
Though a smaller part of our Spring Season, we featured several softer shades of coral (don’t worry, brighter corals are coming!). If there’s anything these measly eight coral shades have told me… it’s that I need to start hunting for some non-Guerlain corals and see how they match up!
- #3 (Guerlain Orange Sequin) is like a more orange version of #1 (Chanel Santal).
- #6 (Guerlain Garance) seems like a richer, more pigmented version of #7 (Smashbox Splendid).
- Wish we could have found a dupe for the ever luxe #2 (Cle de Peau #124).
- Chanel Santal Rouge Allure Laque
- Cle de Peau #124 Extra Silky Lipstick
- Guerlain Orange Sequin Lipstick
- Guerlain Brit Rouge G de Brilliant Lipstick
- Guerlain Corail Passion Lipstick
- Guerlain Garance Rouge G Lipstick
- Smashbox Splendid Lipstick
- Urban Decay Indecent Lipstick
Cle de Peau #124 Extra Silky Lipstick
The Spring Season: Cle de Peau #124 Extra Silky Lipstick
Cle de Peau #124 Extra Silky Lipstick ($52.00 for 0.07 oz.) is a petal pink with yellow undertones and soft pink shimmer. This is a gently warmed up pink, which isn’t always the easiest kind of pink to find, and it looks glossy and pretty-in-pink on the lips. Extra Silky Lipsticks are creamy, smooth, glossy, and decently pigmented (I haven’t tried the full range, but the ones I’ve tried have good pigmentation).
Cle de Peau’s Extra Silky Lipsticks really have an exceptional formula–check out my first post on them here for my full rave review–with an exceptional price tag, of course. I will also have to reiterate that I really think and wish they would give you a little bit more (say 0.12 oz.) for your money as well–at least to stay in line with the average lipstick size.
I’m a firm believer in that, for some, Extra Silky Lipsticks are worth every penny of the $52 (which is a recent price increase of $2, by the by). Often, this is the kind of lipstick you may find your holy grail color in. I have heard from so many who aren’t lipstick lovers but have fallen in love with the feel and texture of these. Certainly extravagant, but if you can afford it, no shame in that game!
Is this the right pink lipstick for you? Would you wear it?
The Spring Season is a series of posts featuring my favorite soft beige, coral, and pink lipsticks and lipglosses — all perfect for the first blossom of spring — that runs through March 2010.