Christian Siriano @ NYFW Fall/Winter 2011
Christian Siriano @ NYFW Fall/Winter 2011
Aveda lead stylist Antoinette Beenders created graceful waves using Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair, Aveda Air Control Hair Spray, and Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray at the Christian Siriano Fall/Winter 2011 Fashion Week show.
“The Christian Siriano hair for this season is sinuous and matte—beautiful waves that are neither too beachy nor too glam. It’s pretty in the simplest way.” — Antoinette Beenders for Aveda
- Apply Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair to damp hair to repair and protect from heat styling. Blow dry straight with a Mason Pearson brush.
- Use a fine-tooth comb to create a center part, dividing the hair into two sides. Loosely braid each side and secure at the ends with elastics. Spray with Aveda Air Control Hair Spray for light hold.
- Starting at the top of each braid, apply a few seconds of gentle pressure with a flat iron. Section by section, move slowly down so that the entirety of each braid has been pressed.
- Gently pinch the sides of each braid between the thumb and forefinger and tug gently to loosen.
- Remove the elastics and use fingers to loosen the curl. To create a soft wave, brush lightly with a Mason Pearson brush and set the look with Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray.
Q: What was your inspiration for this look? How did you collaborate with the designer to create the look?
“Christian’s collection was inspired by the graceful beauty of orchid flower petals. We wanted a hair style that captures that natural elegance.” — Antoinette Beenders for Aveda
Q: How could a woman achieve this look on her own?
“This look is very easy to recreate and works for anyone with a little length to their hair. To protect hair from heat damage, use a small amount of Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair on damp hair and blow dry straight. Then make two braids, one on each side of the head, and spray with Aveda Air Control Hair Spray for light hold. Use a flat iron to gently set each braid, pressing small sections from top to bottom. Finally, undo the braids, loosen waves with your fingers, and set the look with Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray.” — Antoinette Beenders for Aveda
Q: What is the inspiration for your collection? What is the look you are capturing?
“My collection this season is inspired by intricately beautiful details found in plant life, like the petals of a Dracula orchid. That concept led to stunningly detailed patterns and glamorous eveningwear.” — Christian Siriano
See more photos!
AVEDA @ Christian Siriano S/S 2011
You can see a full breakdown of the hair here.
Aveda @ Christian Siriano
“The Jason Wu hair look for this season is all about charm—this is a look of romance and innocence. I took inspiration from Holly Hunter in the film, “The Piano.” – Odile Gilbert for Aveda
- Prep hair with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray for light, workable hold.
- Working from bottom to top, curl hair in one-inch pieces with a medium barrel curling iron. Loop each curled piece around your finger and pin against the head to set the curl. Allow curls to cool, and then remove clips. Gently brush hair out.
- Separate a top section of hair—from the hairline to the crown—and pin it away to separate. Backcomb the remainder of hair and spray with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray to create ultra-volume. Brush backcombed hair through.
- Gather the left side of hair and pull tightly to the back of the head. Pin in place vertically, up the center line of the head, with bobby pins. Smooth hair against the head with fingers and spray with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray to minimize flyaways.
- Gather the right side of hair and pull tightly to the back of the head. Wrap hair inwards around your fingers to create a tornado-like twist. Pin in place and spray with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray for ultra-strong hold.
- Remove pins from the remaining front section of hair and backcomb to create volume. Spray with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray. Comb hair away from the face and pin to the top of the twist, creating wave-like volume at the crown of the head. Set the look with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray.