China Glaze Anchors Away Collection
China Glaze Anchors Away: Part 2
China Glaze’s nautical-inspired collection consists of twelve new shades, and this post features these six: Lighthouse (multi-dimensional bright yellow glass speck), Pelican Grey (high shine, cool toned grey creme), Sea Spray (calming pale blue creme), Starboard (hip and playful green creme), Sunset Sail (delightful peachy pink high shine creme), and White Cap (whimsical and sparkling multi-dimensional white).
- Lighthouse is a bright, sunshine yellow gold with flecks of metallic gold sparkle. This shade just seems so fun and positive, and it’s gold, which means I’m all over it. I used two coats, and there was some nail line showing, so I think a third would make it opaque. It is a richer, more vibrant version of Cowardly Lyin’–well, that is the closest dupe I could come up with, and I wouldn’t say they’re that similar.
- Pelican Grey is a soft, cool-toned gray with very faint white micro-shimmer. It is slightly bluer (and has shimmer) than Zoya’s Dove. I used two coats.
- Sea Spray is a pale baby blue cream with silvery-blue micro-shimmer. I used two coats. I couldn’t think of a dupe for this one.
- Starboard is a brightened grass green cream with a shiny dry down. I used two coats. It’s kind of like Four Leaf Clover–but with a yellow base (which makes them quite distinguishable from each other).
- Sunset Sail is a warmed up, peach beige with soft beige micro-sparkle. I used two coats. It reminded me a bit of China Glaze III–lighter and more opaque.
- White Cap is a gold-tinged white shimmer-glitter. It doesn’t go on opaque, and it actually reminded me a lot of Chanel Pearl Drop, but obviously the finishes are entirely different.
Though the formula on these seemed to be a bit thicker than average for China Glaze, application was still even and smooth. I ended up with at least two coats on all of these, though some I did three with. China Glaze is one of my personal favorite brands, because of their color and finish range–I really feel like they bring out a little something for everyone in each of their seasonal collections. China Glaze polishes last a good week on me with just minor tip wear by day seven.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ! 🙂
- Product: 28/30
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
FINAL THOUGHTS: From thee six, my favorites were Lighthouse and Starboard, but I also found both of the more subdued shades like Pelican Grey and Sea Spray a refreshing change from the vamps of fall and winter.
WHERE TO BUY: January/February 2011