China Glaze: Hey Doll, Bogie, Emerald Fitzgerald, Midnight Mission, First Class Ticket, Jitterbug
China Glaze Vintage Vixen Collection Review, Photos, Swatches (Part 2)
Here are the other six shades from Vintage Vixen! Just to recap, the formula rocks here. It may feel a little thin, but each coat packs plenty of pigment, despite the consistency. It’s easy to apply–I didn’t have to play around with application to get beautiful, even, and smooth color. Most of these are two-coaters, but they easily work with three, which is my preferred number.
From these, my favorites are easily Emerald Fitzgerald (oh, it’s swoon worthy in its inkiness!) and First Class Ticket (so intense and rich in its color). I also loved the way Midnight Mission looked.
- Hey Doll is a rosy-brown with silver shimmer. This was a two-coater.
- Bogie is a darkened plummy mauve with silver and reddened shimmer. I don’t think I have any color quite like this in my personal stash. Two coats was perfect here.
- Emerald Fitzgerald is a deep, inky teal with lighter aqua-teal shimmer. Love, love this one. It’s distinctly teal, not black, but yet it’s so dark and delicious. I found two coats was just enough to give a nice, opaque look.
- Midnight Mission is a midnight navy blue base with silver microglitter. It’s exactly what you’d call midnight blue–with the silver as the twinkling stars over a darkened night sky. Like many other shades in this launch, two coats was just right with this color.
- First Class Ticket is a rich, lush violet purple with blue-violet shimmer. Absolutely stunning! I thought this was the best shade out of the bunch. It nearly glows. Just two coats with this one as well.
- Jitterbug is a stormy gray with silver microglitter. It has the same feel and texture as Swing baby, but I was able to get this one to go opaque with three coats. It has a grittier surface once it dries, so a thicker top coat works best.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ! 🙂
- Product: 29/30
- Value: 9/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
Recommendation: If you love your polishes on the darker side (whether now or in the fall), these are some excellent choices.
Availability: July 2010