5 Beautiful Vampy Lipglosses
To be honest, this was a rather tall order — I haven’t reviewed very many vampy lipglosses, so I’m extremely eager to hear from all of you on what your favorites are! It is fall, so maybe I’ll try and review some deep, dark lip colors but would love your suggestions.
What’s YOUR favorite vampy lipgloss?
Chanel Pleasing Glossimer
Chanel Holiday 2010: Pleasing
Chanel Pleasing Glossimer ($27.00 for 0.19 fl. oz.) is new and limited edition just in time for the holidays, and it’s the most pigmented shade of the three holiday Glossimers. I always find this kind of color difficult to describe, but I would say Pleasing is a semi-sheer metallic bronze muted by burgundy with multi-colored shimmer.
Glossimers are nearly non-sticky but still have a little tackiness to them, though they are lightweight, non-drying, and last three to four hours on me. They’re scent- and taste-free as well. Some of them are more pigmented but the majority have been on the sheerer side based on my experience.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 29/30
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
Look: Chanel Holiday 2010
Here’s a look using several of Chanel’s new products for the holidays! :) It’s a quick, five minute look, and for reference, I used all of the eyeshadows dry.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Chanel Splash Fluid Eyeshadow (taupe), Chanel Tentation Cuivree Eyeshadow Quad (champagne, light pink, medium brown, dark brown), Chanel Cassis Eyeliner (plum), Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: Chanel Tweed Fuchsia Blush Duo (medium pink)
- Lips: Chanel Patchouli Rouge Coco Lipstick (peachy champagne), Chanel Pleasing Glossimer (redded copper)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
For eyes, start by applying Splash as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply the champagne eyeshadow on the inner third of the lid and pull upwards along the inner crease. Lightly blend the medium brown eyeshadow on the middle of the lid with the 239. Next, apply the dark brown eyeshadow into the crease with the 226, lightly blending onto the outer lid. Blend the champagne eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Cassis on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Inimitable Intense mascara.
For cheeks, apply Tweed Fuchsia blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Patchouli lipstick first, and then layer Pleasing glossimer for a complementing lip.