The Spring Season: Lipgloss Wrap-up
Did you know that it’s easier to swatch multiple lipsticks at once than lipglosses? Who knew! Let’s take a look back at the lipglosses featured in the Spring Season…
The closest dupe to #4 (Cle de Peau #2) is #3 (Chanel Pin-up), but it’s not quite as pigmented or as golden-peach; #1 (Benefit I’m With the Band) also comes close, but it’s a good deal pinker. However, #12 (NP Set Mauritius) is the closest in the “feel” of #4–but it’s milkier, creamier–has a very obvious nude base but gives the same sheen/effect. #12 is also similar to #7 (Le Metier de Beaute Apricot Creme).
Predictably, #1 (Benefit I’m With the Band), #3 (Chanel Pinup), #4 (Cle de Peau #2), #8 (MAC Nymphette), and #11 (NARS Orgasm) are all in the same family. I often hear comments comparing these shades to NARS Orgasm, but I have to tell you, on my lips, Orgasm is the sheerest and least impressive. Cle de Peau #2 is the best, but it’s also the priciest. I think a good affordable version is either Benefit’s I’m With the Band or MAC Nymphette. For something even closer, I think Chanel’s Pinup does the trick. I still love Cle de Peau #2 the best and would buy it again in a heartbeat.
- Benefit I’m With the Band Lipgloss
- Benefit Zone Out Lipgloss
- Chanel Pinup Glossimer
- Cle de Peau #2 Gloss
- Dolce & Gabbana Sunset Lipgloss
- Korres #25 Natural Purple Lipgloss
- Le Metier de Beaute Apricot Creme Gloss
- MAC Nymphette Lipglass
- Maybelline Sandstone Shimmer Lip Gloss
- NARS Belize Lipgloss
- NARS Orgasm Lipgloss
- NP Set Mauritius Lipgloss
- NYX Chandelier Lipgloss
- Shiseido PK 406 Lipgloss
- YSL Golden Peony (#10) Golden Gloss
Valentine’s Day Makeup: Soft Neutrals & Pink Lips
So, opposite of the last look, here’s a very soft look one could wear. I call it Valentine’s Day makeup, but you could really wear it any time. I think it’s quite appropriate for a variety of occasions! I wore this to school on Wednesday, which worked for me; I was able to wear *something* but not feel out of place or too young. (I’m probably one of the younger people in my program.)
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), (champagne pink), Too Faced Silk Teddy Eyeshadow (champagne pink), Too Faced Peach Fuzz Eyeshadow (peach-beige), Too Faced Cocoa Puff Eyeshadow (warm chocolate brown), Too Faced Teddy Bear Eyeshadow (dark mushroom brown), Too Faced Heaven Eyeshadow (matte beige), Urban Decay Underground 24/7 Liner (brown), MAC Plushlash (black)
- Face: Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer (medium)
- Cheeks: Smashbox Paradise Blush (peachy-pink)
- Lips: Urban Decay Rush Lipstick (soft pink), Chanel Pinup Glossimer (champagne gold)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: N/A
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the lid with the 249. Using the 239, apply Silk Teddy eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Peach Fuzz eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Cocoa Puff eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Next, define the crease by applying Teddy Bear eyeshadow with the 226. Lightly tap and brush Silk Teddy eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Heaven eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Underground Liner on the lower lash line, and then sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Paradise blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Rush lipstick first, and then layer Pinup glossimer for a soft lip look.