Chanel Les Impressions de Chanel Collection: The Roundup
OVERALL, I like, but I don’t *love* Les Impressions de Chanel. There are some great products, but there are also some good-but-not-worth-the-price-tag products as well. I think Chanel did a good job mixing a more neutral, softer color palette with edgy darkness (e.g. Imprevu and Kaska Beige).
My favorites out of the bunch were the lip products and the Kaska Beige eyeshadow quad (and hey, make sure you saw the look I did with it!). I think the lip products are prettily subtle; like they’re shades that work on a variety of skin tones and work with dramatic looks or for everyday wear. They also layer incredibly well; so far, I’ve fallen in love with every combination of glossimer + Rouge Allure I’ve tried thus far.
For those who aren’t Chanel fans, I don’t think too many of these products are “exciting” enough to induce you over to the double-C side of things, even though everything is incredibly wearable and looks lovely on. I just think if bold is what you’re after, this collection is not for you. On the other hand, if you’re looking for easy-to-wear shades that can be worn for a special occasion or to work in the same palette, this is a collection you may enjoy.
Must-Haves: Futile Glossimer, Delicieuse Rouge Allure Lipstick, Kaska Beige Eyeshadow Quad
Nice-to-Haves: Maline Glossimer, Incognito Rouge Allure Lipstick
Skip: Tendresse Le Vernis (easily duped; Chanel’s formula is not so beyond-compare that it warrants a $23 price tag!)
- Empreinte de Chanel
- Glossimers: Futile & Maline
- Imprevu Joues Contraste
- Kaska Beige Eyeshadow Quad
- Nail Lacquers: Inattendu, Tendresse
- Rouge Allure Lipstick: Delicieuse, Impertinente, Incognito, Insouciante
P.S. – I ordered Particuliere from Saks, so hopefully that’ll arrive later this week, and I’ll review it then
This is a quick & dirty look–seriously, like ten minutes or less–using Chanel’s spring collection. I love the lips more than the eyes, but what else is new? I think next time I use this quad, I’m going to try a shimmery gold base. Hmm.
Happy Monday!! (Yes, I’m sick and twisted… Mondays are my favorite day of the week!)
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), Chanel Kaska Beige Eyeshadow Quad (fleshy beige, medium brown, dark plum-brown, medium tan-brown), Chanel Khaki Dore Eyeliner (antique gold), Dior DiorShow Extase Mascara (black)
- Face: Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer (medium)
- Cheeks: Chanel Imprevu Joues Contraste (coppery-red), Empreinte de Chanel (peachy-gold)
- Lips: Chanel Incognito Lipstick (rosy pink), Chanel Futile Glossimer (sheer, silvery pink)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Rose Blanc = Nylon
Directions: Start by applying MAC Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the lid with the 249. Using the 239, apply the fleshy-beige eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply medium tan-brown eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with the matte brown eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Next, define the crease by applying plum-brown eyeshadow with the 226. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep the fleshy beige eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Chanel Khaki Dore Eyeliner on the lower lash line, and then sweeping lashes with Dior DiorShow Extase mascara.
For cheeks, apply Chanel Imprevu Joues Contraste to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 129. Highlight cheeks with the 165 brush by tapping Chanel Empreinte de Chanel lightly on cheek bones.
For lips, apply Chanel Incognito Lipstick first, and then layer Chanel Futile Glossimer for a glossy look.