This is a quick & dirty look–seriously, like ten minutes or less–using Chanel’s spring collection. I love the lips more than the eyes, but what else is new? I think next time I use this quad, I’m going to try a shimmery gold base. Hmm.
Happy Monday!! (Yes, I’m sick and twisted… Mondays are my favorite day of the week!)
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), Chanel Kaska Beige Eyeshadow Quad (fleshy beige, medium brown, dark plum-brown, medium tan-brown), Chanel Khaki Dore Eyeliner (antique gold), Dior DiorShow Extase Mascara (black)
- Face: Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer (medium)
- Cheeks: Chanel Imprevu Joues Contraste (coppery-red), Empreinte de Chanel (peachy-gold)
- Lips: Chanel Incognito Lipstick (rosy pink), Chanel Futile Glossimer (sheer, silvery pink)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Rose Blanc = Nylon
Directions: Start by applying MAC Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the lid with the 249. Using the 239, apply the fleshy-beige eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply medium tan-brown eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with the matte brown eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Next, define the crease by applying plum-brown eyeshadow with the 226. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep the fleshy beige eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Chanel Khaki Dore Eyeliner on the lower lash line, and then sweeping lashes with Dior DiorShow Extase mascara.
For cheeks, apply Chanel Imprevu Joues Contraste to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 129. Highlight cheeks with the 165 brush by tapping Chanel Empreinte de Chanel lightly on cheek bones.
For lips, apply Chanel Incognito Lipstick first, and then layer Chanel Futile Glossimer for a glossy look.
Rouge Allure Lipstick: Insouciante (81), Incognito (82), Impertinente (79), Delicieuse (80)
New Rouge Allures for Spring
Chanel Rouge Allure Lipstick ($30.00 for 0.12 oz.) has four new shades added to the bunch with Chanel’s Spring Collection.
- Insouciante (81) is a pinky-beige nude shade with a bright sheen. It’s pigmented, but it’s not ultra pigmented as some of the deeper shades of Rouge Allures are.
- Incognito (82) is a muted medium pink that goes on semi-opaque with a nice sheen. On lips, it looks like a slightly flushed rosy pink with a glossy sheen and just the tiniest bit of gold shimmer.
- Impertinente (79) is a reddish-plum that goes on opaque and has a light sheen. On my lips, it seemed to lean a little more reddened plum than plum, as Chanel describes it, but it’s the darkest and deepest shade of the four.
- Delicieuse (80) is a medium coral-orange that applies semi-opaque and has a soft sheen. I liked how it looked on my lips, which is a little more of a muted coral shade than when I swatched it on my skin. It’s very wearable, perfect for spring, and did I mention, it looks beautiful with Futile? Oh, yeah, it does.
I wouldn’t let the skin swatches fool you, though — even though they seem only semi-opaque, they look nearly opaque on my lips. It seems like your natural lip color ends up blending seamlessly with the lipstick shade, so the color looks very natural, effortless, and beautiful on. Rouge Allures are very smooth, soft, and feel utterly lightweight on lips. Sometimes they’re insanely pigmented (a la Noirs Obscurs), but often, they’re just good pigmentation; not the ultra bold shades, but color that covers and you know you’re having on but the color looks effortless.
My favorite shade was Delicieuse, but I am a coral fiend, so obviously that makes me a bit biased. Like the new nail lacquers, I don’t think these shades are totally original, but they’re lovely in their own right. They are incredibly fitting for spring, though. The quality of the lipsticks is phenomenal but whether they’re worth $30? That’s more for you to judge!
What do you think? Worth the splurge? Meet your expectations?
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 28/30
- Value: 7/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
Recommendation: For easy-to-wear shades combined with the silky formula of Rouge Allure, Chanel has you covered.
Availability: Nordstrom and Saks
See more photos, swatches, and lip swatches! Continue reading →