Chanel Rouge Allure Lipstick: Excessive (67), Emotive (68)
Gotta Love the Richness of Fall
If you thought Chanel was skimping on the darker, vampier shades for fall… not so! Part of the launch of the new Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss, there are a few new shades of Rouge Allure Lipsticks being launched alongside as well. Rouge Allure Lipsticks ($30.00 for 0.12 oz.) are some of my favorites, because they pack a lot of color in a standout formula: moisturizing, lightweight, and long-wearing. I typically get four to five hours of wear, sometimes five to six, with some of the bolder shades (like these).
- Excessive is this vibrant cherry red with slight blue undertones with a glossy, opaque finish.
- Emotive is a raspberry pink with a slight fuchsia sheen. It’s not quite opaque, but it does deliver a fair amount of color coverage. I found Emotive a little less glossy than Excessive, so it didn’t quite apply as smoothly.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 28/30
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
RECOMMENDATION: If you love bolder, more opaque shades, you may want to consider these two shades.
The Way It was MEANT to Be: So Neutral!
Okay, so I’m pretty the Urban Decay Naked Palette was designed with neutral looks in mind, not so much the ultra smoky look I did yesterday. So this neutral look follows that smokier look up as a quick, work-safe alternative made easy by that palette.
Happy weekend everyone!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), Urban Decay Virgin Eyeshadow (light champagne beige), Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow (matte medium brown), Urban Decay Darkhorse Eyeshadow (dark chocolate brown), MAC Grain Eyeshadow (highlighter), Urban Decay Whiskey 24/7 Liner (red-brown), Bobbi Brown Denim Extreme Party Mascara (blue)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: Chanel Plum Attraction Blush (deep plum)
- Lips: Chanel Emotive (#68) Rouge Allure Lipstick (red-wine), Urban Decay Perversion Lip Junkie (purple-gray)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush), 208 (thin, angled brush)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Naked eyeshadow into the crease with the 226 and feather above the natural crease until it fades. Next, apply Virgin eyeshadow all over the lower lid with the 239. Define the crease with Darkhorse eyeshadow using the 219, and then lightly blend Naked eyeshadow softly over it with the 226. Blend Grain eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Whiskey liner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Plum Attraction blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Emotive lipstick first, and then layer Perversion lip junkie for a complementing lip.