Rouge Allure Lipstick: Insouciante (81), Incognito (82), Impertinente (79), Delicieuse (80)
New Rouge Allures for Spring
Chanel Rouge Allure Lipstick ($30.00 for 0.12 oz.) has four new shades added to the bunch with Chanel’s Spring Collection.
- Insouciante (81) is a pinky-beige nude shade with a bright sheen. It’s pigmented, but it’s not ultra pigmented as some of the deeper shades of Rouge Allures are.
- Incognito (82) is a muted medium pink that goes on semi-opaque with a nice sheen. On lips, it looks like a slightly flushed rosy pink with a glossy sheen and just the tiniest bit of gold shimmer.
- Impertinente (79) is a reddish-plum that goes on opaque and has a light sheen. On my lips, it seemed to lean a little more reddened plum than plum, as Chanel describes it, but it’s the darkest and deepest shade of the four.
- Delicieuse (80) is a medium coral-orange that applies semi-opaque and has a soft sheen. I liked how it looked on my lips, which is a little more of a muted coral shade than when I swatched it on my skin. It’s very wearable, perfect for spring, and did I mention, it looks beautiful with Futile? Oh, yeah, it does.
I wouldn’t let the skin swatches fool you, though — even though they seem only semi-opaque, they look nearly opaque on my lips. It seems like your natural lip color ends up blending seamlessly with the lipstick shade, so the color looks very natural, effortless, and beautiful on. Rouge Allures are very smooth, soft, and feel utterly lightweight on lips. Sometimes they’re insanely pigmented (a la Noirs Obscurs), but often, they’re just good pigmentation; not the ultra bold shades, but color that covers and you know you’re having on but the color looks effortless.
My favorite shade was Delicieuse, but I am a coral fiend, so obviously that makes me a bit biased. Like the new nail lacquers, I don’t think these shades are totally original, but they’re lovely in their own right. They are incredibly fitting for spring, though. The quality of the lipsticks is phenomenal but whether they’re worth $30? That’s more for you to judge!
What do you think? Worth the splurge? Meet your expectations?
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 28/30
- Value: 7/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
Recommendation: For easy-to-wear shades combined with the silky formula of Rouge Allure, Chanel has you covered.
Availability: Nordstrom and Saks
See more photos, swatches, and lip swatches! Continue reading →
MAC Love Lace Look
Here’s a quick and dirty look using products from MAC’s Love Lace Collection! I managed to squeeze in all four of the eyeshadows that came out. Just an FYI, Blanc Type looks very, very subtle in real life — it’s not a very camera-friendly color (tends to look a lil’ on the chalky side) — ’cause whenever I use it, I can barely tell I have it on… until I take photos, of course, lol!
I ditched the lip products, because they’re really not up my alley (with all that sheerness, y’know!), and I went with two upcoming shades from Chanel’s Spring collection instead. And the lips are the BEST PART ABOUT THIS LOOK. Seriously. Amazing!
I also opted for warmer cheeks and lips to warm up the cool-toned eyes, since I’m naturally warm, so it helped balance the look for me. You could just as easily swap in cool-pink cheeks and an icy, pinky lip, too.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), (dark blue), MAC Love Lace eyeshadowMAC Suave Intentions eyeshadow (medium blue), MAC Pincurl eyeshadow (icy pinky-silver), MAC Hypnotizing eyeshadow (smoked mauve), MAC Blanc Type eyeshadow (matte off-white), MAC Sense of Style kohl power (blackened blue-teal), Dior DiorShow Extase (black)
- Cheeks: MAC Springsheen blush (peachy)
- Lips: Chanel Delicieuse Rouge Allure Lipstick (soft coral), Chanel Futile Glossimer (sheer sparkling pink)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Love Lace = Deep Truth; Suave Intentions = Tilt; Pincurl = Vanilla; Hypnotizing = Shale; Sense of Style = Teal-o
Directions: Start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the lid with the 249. Using the 239, apply Suave Intentions eyeshadow on the inner two-thirds of the eyelid. Darken the outer third of the lid with Love Lace eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Next, define the crease by applying Hypnotizing eyeshadow with the 226. Lightly tap and brush Pincurl eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Blanc Type eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Sense of Style kohl power on the lower waterline, and then sweeping lashes with Dior DiorShow Extase mascara.
For cheeks, apply Springsheen blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 129.
For lips, apply Chanel Delicieuse Lipstick first, and then layer Chanel Futile Glossimer for a soft lip.