This was my attempt to make Chanel’s summer quad work for me, and to be honest, while it came out fine in the end… it was far too much work. I also feel there wasn’t nearly enough color variation to merit keeping the quad, so I’ll be returning it on my next trip to the mall (Thursday, for Colour Ready!). I really wanted to be in love with this quad, but it just didn’t happen.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Lemon Chiffon shadestick (shimmery white-gold base), Chanel Cote d’Azur Summer Quad, MAC Goldmine eyeshadow (gold), Eve Pearl Liquid Liner Pen (black), MAC Glamourpuss glitter liner (copper-gold), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Chanel In Love blush (dirty pink-coral), MAC Refined mineralize skinfinish (peach-nude)
- Lips: Chanel Monte Carlo lipstick (sheer peach-gold), Chanel Tangerine Dream gloss (coral)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Lemon Chiffon = Baselight; Chanel Quad = Motif, Amber Lights, Coppering, Antiqued; In Love = Merrily; Refined = Soft & Gentle; Monte Carlo = Sandy B; Tangerine Dream = Lychee Luxe
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base. Apply the lightest shade of the quad on the inner third of the lid using the 239. Apply medium shade eyeshadow to the middle-to-outer lid with the 226. Darken crease with the deepest brown shadow with the 239. Sweep Shroom eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Goldmine eyeshadow on lower lash line. Line upper lash line with Eve Pearl Liquid Liner Pen to form a cat-eye. Overlay it with MAC Glamourpuss glitter liner for shimmer. Brush Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with In Love blush with the 129, and highlight with Refined mineralize skinfinish using the 188. Apply Monte Carlo lipstick to lips, and then top with Tangerine Dream lipgloss for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →