Chanel Nakkar and Aragonite Glossimers
Chanel Spring 2011: Nakkar and Aragonite
Chanel Glossimers ($28.50 for 0.19 oz.) are delightfully shimmering, sheer to semi-sheer lip glosses with a smooth, non-sticky formula that’s not too thick nor too thin. It also wears three to four hours on me, and I never find my lips parched after wear. For spring, Chanel launched two shades:
- Nakkar is a reddened watermelon pink with subtle gold micro-shimmer. It provides some color on my lips, but it’s still on the sheer side. Nakkar is like a red version of Pink Teaser (from fall ’10).
- Aragonite is a sheer, nearly colorless base with silver, pink, and teal micro-shimmer. Aragonite is fairly similar to Galactic, the primary difference being Aragonite has more pink shimmer, while Galactic has less and therefore appears cooler in tone.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 29/30
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
FINAL THOUGHTS: Both shades are pretty, and they are true to Chanel’s Glossimer formula–whether the shades appeal enough to you to purchase is just up to personal preference.
WHERE TO BUY: Nordstrom
Chanel Spring 2011 Look
Here is a quickie look I did to test out Chanel’s spring collection… It’s not quite polished/finished, as this was just for testing
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), Chanel Ombres Perlees de Chanel Eyeshadow Palette (white gold, pink-bronze, navy blue), Burberry Trench Eyeshadow, Chanel Gris Eyeliner, Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: Chanel Espiegle Blush
- Lips: Chanel Aragonite Glossimer (sheer iridescent silver)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 222 (fluffy crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply the white gold eyeshadow on the inner third of the lid and pull upwards along the inner crease. Lightly blend the pink-bronze eyeshadow on the middle of the lid with the 239. Next, apply the navy blue eyeshadow into the crease with the 222, lightly blending onto the outer lid. Blend Trench eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Gris eyeliner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Inimitable Intense mascara.
For cheeks, apply Espiegle blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Aragonite glossimer for a complementing lip.