Here’s that look I mentioned yesterday! I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and you know what? I much prefer pigments for my colored bases. I think I would have had better staying power, no fading, and it would have had more *pop* — I will definitely be opting for pigments in the future, methinks!
The weirdest part about this look was how clumsy I felt doing it. I think it turned out fine, but it had been SO long since I had done any makeup–let alone anything this bright or bold–and my hands felt awkward, clumsy. I felt like I didn’t know what I was doing! It all felt so new, LOL.
Oh! And you can see my new hair in this look. I got it cut from the same picture as before, but I went “all the way” in terms of length. To be honest, I preferred the longer, modified version last time. But it’s okay, because I was able to go this short and be OK with it. I didn’t cry or feel like I lost a part of me. It’ll grow out soon enough!
Today I’m off to meet up with a bride I’m doing makeup for in June 2009. Wish me luck What are you all doing this hump day?
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Too Faced Shadow Insurance (base), Silver Ring eyeshadow (silver), Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow (fuchsia-purple), Parfait Amour eyeshadow (cool purple), Climate Blue eyeshadow (dark cool purple), Shale eyeshadow (mauvey-purple), Hush eyeshadow (pink-toned highlighter), Urban Decay Lust 24/7 Liner (dark purple), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Dior Rose Diamond blush (soft pink)
- Lips: Sweetie lipstick (medium pink), Calvin Klein Knockout Lip Gloss (pink-purple)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Climate Blue = Contrast
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Too Faced Shadow Insurance all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, apply Silver Ring eyeshadow using the 239. Apply Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow to the middle of the lid. Darken the outer lid using Parfait Amour packed on and drag into crease using the 239. Darken crease with Climate Blue eyeshadow using the 239. Blend the harsh line of the crease by overlaying Shale eyeshadow. Sweep Hush underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Lust 24/7 Liner on lower lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Rose Diamond blush using the 129. Apply Sweetie lipstick to lips, and then top with CK Knockout lip gloss for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading “Look – Lots of Purples and Too Faced Shadow Insurance”