Burberry Taupe Brown (07) Eyeshadow
Could You Taupe Me Off?
Burberry Taupe Brown (07) Eyeshadow ($29.00 for 0.088 oz.) is a rich grayed brown with a softened, cool-toned edge. I love the pay off of it, and the texture is soft and smooth as silk. It has a semi-matte, semi-satin kind of finish, so while it’s not without a smidgen of sheen, it’s not frosty in the least bit. By its nature, it is a rather neutral shade, but it will pair well with so many colors from neutral to blues to greens to pinks. This kind of shade–particularly with its semi-matte finish–makes an excellent contouring shade, too, to really carve out the crease and emphasize eyes.
It’s a pricey pick, of course, as it is a designer brand. The packaging is as luxe as one would expect from Burberry with a hefty, gunmetal-metallic case with the check pattern and a matching velvet pouch. Each shadow comes with a decent amount of product, though, which should last you quite awhile. As with any higher-end/luxury brand, worth is very much determined by the purchaser and the products they like or what they’re looking for.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 29/30
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 5/5
RECOMMENDATION: If you like taupes and have a hankering for one with a semi-matte finish, Burberry’s Taupe Brown may be one to consider.
Burberry Beauty: A Simple Look
Here is a quick look using the Burberry products I’ve been testing out over the past few days. I will review everything soon, so please be patient as I give everything a fair test and write-up.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), Burberry Trench (02) Eyeshadow (beige), Burberry Taupe Brown (07) Eyeshadow (dark brown), Burberry Midnight Brown (02) Eyeliner (brown), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Burberry Sheer Foundation (03), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: Burberry Russet (01) Blush (soft red-brown)
- Lips: Burberry Ruby (18) Lipstick (ruby red)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Trench = MAC Shroom; Taupe Brown = MAC Mystery
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Trench eyeshadow all over the lower lid. Then, apply Taupe Brown eyeshadow into the crease with the 226 and blend upwards. Lightly blend Trench eyeshadow above the crease and highlight the brow with the 239. Bring everything together by applying Midnight Brown eyeliner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Russet blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Ruby lipstick for a complementing lip.