5 Effortlessly Natural Blushes
My go-to for a great natural cheek color is Korres #15 Natural, which gives my cheeks a little warmth and natural color without being too pink or plum. I also really love Tarte Exposed, which gives a little more color but still retains a soft, natural result.
- Tarina Tarantino Neopolitan Lane — soft medium brown
- Burberry Russet — medium-dark brown with orange undertones
- Korres #15 Natural — medium-dark brown
- Tarte Exposed — muted rosy plum
- Burberry Cameo — muted plum
What’s your go-to blush for a natural cheek color?
Burberry Russet Blush (Look breakdown here)
Burberry Russet (01) Blush ($42.00 for 0.24 oz.) is a softened rust-brown. When blended out, it’s just a hint of red-toned brown, but it can be layered on for a deeper shade that looks most rust-like. On my cheeks, it looks like a bronzer with a lil’ kick to it–not quite a flat or shimmering brown or bronze, but it gives my cheeks more warmth and dimension. I like the soft, finely-milled feel of the powder, and it applies smoothly without looking powdery. Burberry’s blushes look incredibly natural on skin, and they’re easy to sheer out or build up for a stronger cheek (but never an ultra intense cheek).
It’s packaged in a hefty gunmetal compact with a soft, bristled brush that actually works (though I’ll still stick with my regular brushes) and doesn’t feel scratchy against the skin. Burberry’s signature check pattern covers the front of the compact, and the logo is on the side. This blush comes with a good amount of product–around 30% more than your average high-end blush compact, actually!
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 28/30
- Value: 9/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
RECOMMENDATION: For a darker, but still natural, cheek, Russet makes a good color choice for both warm and cool skin tones.
Burberry Beauty: A Simple Look
Here is a quick look using the Burberry products I’ve been testing out over the past few days. I will review everything soon, so please be patient as I give everything a fair test and write-up.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), Burberry Trench (02) Eyeshadow (beige), Burberry Taupe Brown (07) Eyeshadow (dark brown), Burberry Midnight Brown (02) Eyeliner (brown), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Burberry Sheer Foundation (03), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: Burberry Russet (01) Blush (soft red-brown)
- Lips: Burberry Ruby (18) Lipstick (ruby red)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Trench = MAC Shroom; Taupe Brown = MAC Mystery
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Trench eyeshadow all over the lower lid. Then, apply Taupe Brown eyeshadow into the crease with the 226 and blend upwards. Lightly blend Trench eyeshadow above the crease and highlight the brow with the 239. Bring everything together by applying Midnight Brown eyeliner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Russet blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Ruby lipstick for a complementing lip.