Burberry Ruby Lipstick
Burberry Ruby (18) Lipstick ($30.00 for 0.13 oz.) is a gorgeous shade of bright, lush red with a faint blue-base but not at all too cool for warmer skin tones to wear. A few weeks ago, when I reviewed Burberry’s Russet Blush, I had so many of you ask me about the lip color–in case you missed it, Ruby was it!
It’s a nearly opaque shade that packs lots of color without feeling heavy or slick on lips. It’s lightweight in its feel, satiny in its texture. The application is even and smooth and doesn’t require a lot of layering (just one or two passes). There’s a soft sheen but not really a shimmer to it. It does have a floral scent, which is noticeable in the tube but not when I wore it.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 29/30
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
RECOMMENDATION: For a beautiful, slightly blue-based red, Ruby would be a good pick.
Burberry Beauty: A Simple Look
Here is a quick look using the Burberry products I’ve been testing out over the past few days. I will review everything soon, so please be patient as I give everything a fair test and write-up.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), Burberry Trench (02) Eyeshadow (beige), Burberry Taupe Brown (07) Eyeshadow (dark brown), Burberry Midnight Brown (02) Eyeliner (brown), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Burberry Sheer Foundation (03), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: Burberry Russet (01) Blush (soft red-brown)
- Lips: Burberry Ruby (18) Lipstick (ruby red)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Trench = MAC Shroom; Taupe Brown = MAC Mystery
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Trench eyeshadow all over the lower lid. Then, apply Taupe Brown eyeshadow into the crease with the 226 and blend upwards. Lightly blend Trench eyeshadow above the crease and highlight the brow with the 239. Bring everything together by applying Midnight Brown eyeliner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Russet blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Ruby lipstick for a complementing lip.